Slow worm success may be?

Shambling Shaman

Bushcrafter (boy, I've got a lot to say!)
May 1, 2006
In The Wild
www.mindsetcentral.com
Over the year every time I found a slow worm I moved it up to the wall garden in a hope they would stay and help me with the slugs, this morning I found this :)

Photo-0058.jpg

My 1st baby :) Need to keep a keen eye when striming lol

sam_acw

Native
Sep 2, 2005
Tyneside
I had no idea they were so small! I remember my school entomology/animal society had one, very different "body language" to a snake.

Dormouse

Tenderfoot
Jul 15, 2010
UK
My Dad has slow-worms in his allotment. The soil is a bit sandy which they seem to like. They keep his plot completely free of slugs and snails.

badgeringtim

Nomad
May 26, 2008
cambridge
Nice - it may be a success! which is excellent. If you want to help them make sure there are log piles compost etc and pleanty of hiding places which are a little damp(and preferably no cats!!)
U cant really sex the young as they generally have the female colouring. When they are tiny some have a vivid copper colour like bracken roots in rich soil - its very atteractive, and are excellent at helping out in the garden!

:eek:)

Radix lecti

Native
Jan 15, 2006
Gloucester
Nice pictures,excellent. When i go round my old mans house i cant resist lifting the tin sheets up he has in uncultivated piece of his garden to see whats underneath.

BCUK Shop

We have a a number of knives, T-Shirts and other items for sale.

SHOP HERE