Sleeping bags

• Hey Guest, Early bird pricing on the Summer Moot (29th July - 10th August) available until April 6th, we'd love you to come. PLEASE CLICK HERE to early bird price and get more information.

Johnnyboy1971

Bushcrafter (boy, I've got a lot to say!)
Dec 24, 2010
Yorkshire
Has anyone in the past used or use 1/2-3/4 length sleeping bags.
Im using one of the Snugpak Insulated poncho liners and need a way to insulate from the chest down.

RAPPLEBY2000

Bushcrafter (boy, I've got a lot to say!)
Dec 2, 2003
England
Has anyone in the past used or use 1/2-3/4 length sleeping bags.
Im using one of the Snugpak Insulated poncho liners and need a way to insulate from the chest down.

The idea of half or 3/4 length sleeping bags is pretty uncommon in the UK but was and still may be popular in the US.
The reasoning behind the short length is weight and warmth saving in extreme cold weather.

For those that haven't heard of this. I first found out about this in a US magazine/manual called "Backpacking" (1984 edition) In polar regions places when a down jacket would never be removed the arms are pulled inside out to create the top half of a sleeping bag and only a short hip length sleeping bag is needed.

Here is the previous magazine/manual (6th edition) well worth a look if you are interested in US equipment or clothing:
https://www.amazon.co.uk/d/Books/R-C-Rethmel-Backpacking-sixth/0695811444/ref=sr_1_1?s=books&ie=UTF8&qid=1488235099&sr=1-1&keywords=backpacking+R.C.+Rethmel

BCUK Shop

We have a a number of knives, T-Shirts and other items for sale.

SHOP HERE