Sleeping bag

• Hey Guest, Early bird pricing on the Summer Moot (29th July - 10th August) available until April 6th, we'd love you to come. PLEASE CLICK HERE to early bird price and get more information.

Swash

Jan 7, 2012
County Durham
Hi Ive tried searching but couldnt find anything,
Im looking for a season 3/4 sleeping bag, BUT I have fur etc allergies so would have to be synthetic not down,
any suggestions?
Thanks
Jon

Shewie

Mod
Mod
Dec 15, 2005
Yorkshire
What sort of budget have you got in mind?

The Snugpak Elite range have been great buys for me in the past.

pauljm116

Native
May 6, 2011
Rainham, Kent
Newer army surplus bags are synthetic and cheap but bulky and heavy, not a problem if youre not walking far though, Ive been using one and think its great nice and roomy and bombproof. You could also look at a snugpak bag, more expensive but pack smaller and lighter.

bivibish

Jun 24, 2010
Scotland
I have bought the british army sleeping bag ( good but too narrow for me ) the dutch centre zip bag , really good but too bulky/heavy , and the german sniper bag ( good but a bit thin ) and also the swiss centre zip bag ( too bulky but a good bag ) finally settled on Mr Mears Nanok Osprey ( first class bag ticks all the boxes ) only drawback is the material catches any rough skin you may have on hands feet etc so i took mine and got a local alterations shop to stich a bit of material into the footbox area.

yungmannfuzz

Tenderfoot
Jan 6, 2011
NI
Check out the vango ultralite range...

I have the Ultralite400, its a good bag, seems nice and warm, and packs down well. I like it.

Only thing is it is quite a snug fitting bag, but this makes it warmer, and pack down smaller too!

Teepee

Bushcrafter (boy, I've got a lot to say!)
Jan 15, 2010
Northamptonshire
A thread came up on HF about down allergy.

It appears theres lots of sufferers of fur allergy that don't get upset by down. The quality stuff is steam treated to kill the bugs and doesn't seem to cause a reaction in most cases.

It might be worth testing out with a small amount of exposure to the stuff to see if it causes any reaction?

If you were in the U.S., I'd recommend Wiggy's Ultralight 0-degree bag, which is available in two lengths and two widths. (It's a synthetic bag, weighing 4-5 lbs.) I don't know who carries it in the UK, though.
It has 7-8 inches of loft, which is more than in competing Snugpak bags I've seen.

patrols

Tenderfoot
Dec 20, 2011
cornwall
Nanok sleeping bags are very good,made for extended use in cold conditions and are reasonably priced I have there -10 endurance bag and its brilliant for £96.00.

BCUK Shop

We have a a number of knives, T-Shirts and other items for sale.

SHOP HERE