Sleeping bag recommendation

• Hey Guest, Early bird pricing on the Summer Moot (29th July - 10th August) available until April 6th, we'd love you to come. PLEASE CLICK HERE to early bird price and get more information.

Teepee

Bushcrafter (boy, I've got a lot to say!)
Jan 15, 2010
Northamptonshire
For 3 season use as a warm sleeper, you are unlikely to see any temps below -3c and will probably be fine in a lighter bag. I'm a warm sleeper and my +5c rated summer down bag gets used year round for temps down to -3c to -5c.

A 'decent' backpacking sleeping bag is going to be tough to find at that price point. I'd suggest a second hand Mountain Hardwear Lamina 35 for around 1kg of weight and decent packed size.

1600g is a lot of weight for a 3 season bag in wales.

MikeLA

May 17, 2011
Northumberland
I have used an elite 2 all year round, combined with an alpkit hunka bivvi bag. I wouldn't like to say that i have been kept warm on every night by it, but certainly most nights are ok. Especially if you combine with a sleeka jacket or similar. It certainly packs down very small and light.

At the price you are willing to pay, I would say that this is a bit of a compromise that you need to be prepared to make - a down bag will generally give you a better compression/weight to warmth ratio, but will be significantly more expensive.

Beware that snugpak temperature ratings are generally understood to be around 5 degrees lower than reality.

This is what I do with a Snugpak merlin add a sleeka jacket or a buffalo

BCUK Shop

We have a a number of knives, T-Shirts and other items for sale.

SHOP HERE