Sleeping bag lookout

• Hey Guest, Early bird pricing on the Summer Moot (29th July - 10th August) available until April 6th, we'd love you to come. PLEASE CLICK HERE to early bird price and get more information.

Squidders

Aug 3, 2004
Harrow, Middlesex
"TOP OF THE RANGE EXCELLENT PRO BAG" is a blatant lie.

There's no way that is a 3-4 season bag... unless all the seasons are warm.

Highlander make decent budget kit but I would be wary of their definition of seasons and comfort temperatures.

Old Bones

Settler
Oct 14, 2009
East Anglia
Totally agree with Squidders. The fact that someone has bunged in phrases 'aimed at the British Army'(!), 'new hi-tech 3D Micro Hollow
Fibre' (?) and 'minus 14 extreme' (yeah, you might just about live) screams dodgy. Especially when when it mentions a lower limit of 6 degrees.

A quick Google brings up online shops you've never heard of, and this thread from OM is pretty sniffy http://forums.outdoorsmagic.com/sho...got-a-Challenger-Lite-200#T8L2V7ocOplpfz2K.97

You get what you pay for. A really decent 3/4 season bag (synthetic) will be nearer a ton, with the benchmark (for value) down bag, the Alpkit Skyhigh https://www.alpkit.com/products/skyehigh-700 is £175. Vango will do something decent which will go to 3 season, something like their Nitestar range, and expect to pay nearer £60.

IC_Rafe

Forager
Feb 15, 2016
EU
I'd atleast look for something with an EN rating myself. Then it'll atleast be tested to a standard ;). From what i've seen of Highlander products, i have to agree with both persons above me. It's useable, but i wouldn't buy it for things on which my life depend.

(Old Bones: yes, people tend to forget, that extreme rating, means you'll survive if you're curled up into your bag, for 4-6 hours, with possible frostbite/hypothermia. And that's with a tested rating bag, something which this isn't.)

Bywrongun

Jan 26, 2016
Scotland

Laurence Milton

Settler
Apr 7, 2016
suffolk
On the basis of the original question, what would be wrong with an army surplus bag such as the ubiquitous 90 cold weather bags, and their derivatives.
Not the lightest or most compact, but durable, very effective and in the price range?

BCUK Shop

We have a a number of knives, T-Shirts and other items for sale.

SHOP HERE