Sleeping bag liner

• Hey Guest, Early bird pricing on the Summer Moot (29th July - 10th August) available until April 6th, we'd love you to come. PLEASE CLICK HERE to early bird price and get more information.

Badger74

Jun 10, 2008
Ex Leeds, now Killala
I used a single fitted flannelette sheet the other night inside my 58 sleeping bag and that worked fine. I just left it inside the bag and rolled it up as normal.

paulgato

Aug 15, 2011
Oxford
I just now bought a silk sleeping bag liner for £12 from DD Hammocks. A bargain, but it may have been a mistake. The idea is that it will make my sleeping bag warmer, and I'm sure it will. But it weighs 150g. Plus, I do sometimes get tangled up in sleeping bag liners and came to the view that it is better to simply wear clothes in a sleeping bag instead. Also, clothes have a dual purpose as I can use them during the day as - duh - clothes.

So, I'm going to give it another go as, to be fair, I haven't tried a silk liner before, and these are cheap as chips, but what I have been doing with great success until now is wearing merino wool leggings, merino wool socks, with a silk base layer for my top half, plus a neck tube or snood and a beanie hat. This satisfies the requirement of keeping the down bag clean, plus keeps me much, much warmer, plus makes it easier to get out in the morning as I'm already wearing warmish clothing. And how much does this lot weigh? Not much because I'm bringing it anyway to wear during the day.

Lordyosch

Forager
Aug 19, 2007
Bradford, UK
I use a life venture (or similar) silk liner, mostly for keeping the bag clean. On warmer nights I leave the bag unzipped and the liner keeps out enough draft.

Also have a snugpak fleece liner, super toasty

Sent from my GT-I9100 using Tapatalk

BCUK Shop

We have a a number of knives, T-Shirts and other items for sale.

SHOP HERE