Sleeping arangments

• Hey Guest, Early bird pricing on the Summer Moot (29th July - 10th August) available until April 6th, we'd love you to come. PLEASE CLICK HERE to early bird price and get more information.

Lodian

Nomad
May 23, 2007
Peterhead, Aberdeenshire
The last two times ive been camping ive found my self prefer to sleep outside next to a nice long log fire rather than in the tents or fox hole weve made. I dont know what it is i just dont seem to like tents anyone else the same? Or been similliar?

Ryan

Boxy

May 9, 2005
Abingdon
Yes, I know exactly what you mean. In an enclosed space like a tent (or well made bivouac) there is not the same 'wind on the face' feeling of being outside.

Squidders

Aug 3, 2004
Harrow, Middlesex
My "tent" does have the warm glow of a fire in it... it's made by tentipi ;)

Generally though, I only used to consider my dome tent when the weather was forecast very severe for a very long time.

There's something about hail hitting canvas that's so much more appealing than hail hitting my forhead :lmao:

Generally though, I love just hanging out by a nice fire.

Carcajou Garou

On a new journey
Jun 7, 2004
Canada
In a lean-to style awning is a good comprimise except in mosquito seasons then out comes either a tent or netting, fire proof at the very least.

Nightwalker

Native
Sep 18, 2006
Cornwall, UK.
www.naturalbushcraft.co.uk
In the past few months I've given it a go camping under a tarp & in a bivvy-bag, I've loved it. Now I've bought a DD Hammock and have been giving that a go for the first time. I love the hammock!! I've been working hard at the Royal Cornwall Show doing Cornish Wrestling demonstrations in the beating sun and its been great to retreat after wrestling to a little wood area just 100 foot away where I've got my hammock setup ;) I'll definatly be using this hammock on my camping trips, I think its well comfy.

woodstock

Bushcrafter (boy, I've got a lot to say!)
Apr 7, 2007
off grid somewhere else
In the past few months I've given it a go camping under a tarp & in a bivvy-bag, I've loved it. Now I've bought a DD Hammock and have been giving that a go for the first time. I love the hammock!! I've been working hard at the Royal Cornwall Show doing Cornish Wrestling demonstrations in the beating sun and its been great to retreat after wrestling to a little wood area just 100 foot away where I've got my hammock setup ;) I'll definatly be using this hammock on my camping trips, I think its well comfy.
Like yourself I have just discovered the advantages of the hammock God we must be slow ,,,,,they are quick to setup quick to take-down and are far more comfortable than a tent and a fraction of the weight why have we not being using them years ago:bluThinki

Nagual

Native
Jun 5, 2007
Argyll
I am looking forward to getting a Tarp n Bivi bag, and going out there with them, my mate thinks I'm daft but he's too much of a chicken to admit I'm right..lol he hates it when I'm right.. :)

BCUK Shop

We have a a number of knives, T-Shirts and other items for sale.

SHOP HERE