SkyHigh Vs Pipedream

• Hey Guest, Early bird pricing on the Summer Moot (29th July - 10th August) available until April 6th, we'd love you to come. PLEASE CLICK HERE to early bird price and get more information.

Outdoordude

Native
Mar 6, 2012
Kent
What is the difference. I wanted to order a pipedream 600 but theyve sold out. :( The skyhigh weighs more. Why?
Is it better because it weighs more.
Is it likely theyll get in more 600's soon?

kiltedpict

Native
Feb 25, 2007
Banchory
As far as I know the pipedream is higher quality down and a narrower bag to achieve same temp ratings for less weight.

KP

mercurykev

Forager
Sep 6, 2011
Musselburgh
As KP said PD has high quality down so it need less for the same temp rating. It also has higher quality, lighter weight material for the shell and inner. I've got a PD600 and a SH600 and the PD is a much better bag, it had amazing loft, it packs down smaller and it weighs less. The SH is still a great bag though is is excellent value for money.

Outdoordude

Native
Mar 6, 2012
Kent
hanks for the help guys. How much difference would having a right hand zip make for a right hander as opposed to having a left hand zip. Theyve got the right hand zip but not the left.

kiltedpict

Native
Feb 25, 2007
Banchory
I had a custom bag made by PHD and I went for right hand zip even though I'm right handed- cant say it makes any difference for me.

Outdoordude

Native
Mar 6, 2012
Kent
I can only get the Alpkit PD 600 in a Right side zip version. Would this small niggle still make it worth getting it or would it be a huge inconvenience.
Thanks for your help

BCUK Shop

We have a a number of knives, T-Shirts and other items for sale.

SHOP HERE