Skye trip

• Hey Guest, Early bird pricing on the Summer Moot (29th July - 10th August) available until April 6th, we'd love you to come. PLEASE CLICK HERE to early bird price and get more information.

tommy the cat

Bushcrafter (boy, I've got a lot to say!)
Feb 6, 2007
SHROPSHIRE UK
Well off the Skye for the first bike trip of the year. No bushy stuff this time a bit of walking and r&r. First trip to Skye and only second trip to Scotland. Been really looking forward to it.
Guess what the weather forecast is for the weekend???? Flippin snow here in Shropshire!!!!
Oh well extra layer I guess!!! Just wished I had got round the getting the merino pants to go with the Italian top!!
What are yo doing over the bank hols?
Dave

StJon

Nomad
May 25, 2006
Largs
Fly fishing, the season started on Saturday so its off to the bothy most of the weekend. Wont all be fishing as I've said I'll put an edge on an axe someone brought up and there's a big pile of wood to be chopped. If the weathers bad for fishing, on Saturday we had a Northerly that would have cut you in two, I'll sit in the bothy listening to the same old stories, with my feet up at the log fire, making feather sticks.
jon

fishy1

Banned
Nov 29, 2007
sneck
A winter traverse of the cuillens is something I have plans to do. This weekend, not alot. Maybe catch some squirrels as I'm down in a grey squirrel area and the only ones where I live are reds which I never trap.

tommy the cat

Feb 6, 2007
SHROPSHIRE UK
Well its gonna be cold but if the wind drops not too bad for the bike!
No snow here yet.......not alot forecast for Scotland so we will see.
Have a great bank hols peeps Dave

redandshane

Native
Oct 20, 2007
Batheaston
I am out tomorrow
gonna walk up the valley taking my fishing rod=no hope
setting out early though also my new axe so looking for a new wood and hopefully a new spot for overnighting
Happy easter

tommy the cat

Feb 6, 2007
SHROPSHIRE UK
Looking a bit grim at the mo. My one mate is having second thoughts but other two going...trouble is the guy I was sharing a room with is a doubtful which may make it too expensive for me in a single room.......British weather is great isn't it!
Maybe camping up in the woods instead then!!
Dave

spamel

Banned
Feb 15, 2005
Silkstone, Blighty!
The kids are getting christened. Pretty cool day to get christened on, Easter Sunday, so that should be fun. Having a few family members and friends around afterwards too. Ratbag and myself collected a few litres of birch sap this weekend too, so not doing too badly. Wouldn't mind getting the rifle out before I go back to work, maybe on Monday.

tommy the cat

Feb 6, 2007
SHROPSHIRE UK
I survived! Got to say what an awesome trip!
If it was anything to do with bushcraft I would put up some pic's!
Got to get back again soon!
Dave

tommy the cat

Feb 6, 2007
SHROPSHIRE UK
Ok then! To try and persuade Fishy 1 to go here you go!
A long way on a motorbike on the rear end but what a place!
Beaches with no one on them Lochs, seals and wild camping.......gonna go back in the summer. My mates looking at buying a place so may have a look with him. Anyway,
First stop in the Lake District....the snow storm we went through was....interesting.

Glencoe.

I wont show you the pic's of the rubbish at the side of the road though!!:banghead:
The track into where we stayed (I think!) we stayed at Waternish.

View from the window of my room!

View the other direction from window (with sun out;) )

View of the Outer Hebrides

It got a bit snowy at times too!:eek:

Finally as 'tis dead borin' looking at other photo's.......why didn't Peter Jackson film Lord of the Rings up here!!

All the best Dave

JonnyP

Oct 17, 2005
Cornwall...
Cheers Dave, tis good to see what everyone is up to.
Glen Coe is one of my favourite places in the UK.
I have not been over to Skye yet, hopefully will do one day...

tommy the cat

Feb 6, 2007
SHROPSHIRE UK
JonnyP mate Glen Coe is awesome....but imagine nearly every bend you drive round you have got another Glen Coe!!! Mind one hell of a trip for you from Cornwall but tell you what I will be back up there ASAP its awesome. Got say the pic's do no justice at all.
Dave
Just one more a beach pic

JonnyP

Oct 17, 2005
Cornwall...
JonnyP mate Glen Coe is awesome....but imagine nearly every bend you drive round you have got another Glen Coe!!! Mind one hell of a trip for you from Cornwall but tell you what I will be back up there ASAP its awesome. Got say the pic's do no justice at all.
Dave
Just one more a beach pic

I so know how you feel, the place hooks you, doesn't it. Did you go up on the cullins (sp..?) at all..?

tommy the cat

Feb 6, 2007
SHROPSHIRE UK
No we didn't go as we ran out of time and the day we were going on (friday) the weather turned really nasty (gales and heavy rain)
Shame really as we tried the beer!!!(Red Cullin and Black Cullin are brewed in the Skye brewery)
Just gives me aa excuse to .go back
dave

BCUK Shop

We have a a number of knives, T-Shirts and other items for sale.

SHOP HERE