Skye bushcraft

• Hey Guest, Early bird pricing on the Summer Moot (29th July - 10th August) available until April 6th, we'd love you to come. PLEASE CLICK HERE to early bird price and get more information.

sploing

Tenderfoot
Oct 3, 2006
Manchester
I'm planning a trip to Skye in mid october, does anybody know of any reasonably large wooden areas for a bit of wildcamping and bushcraftery?
Thanks

Draven

Native
Jul 8, 2006
Scotland
There's a bit in (I think) Lower Fasach that might suit you. Not sure about the spelling of that.... I've not been there in a while though, couldn't even tell you how to get there. It's in Glendale though - on the left as you're driving in from Dunvegan. Not sure who owns it though....

ArkAngel

Native
May 16, 2006
North Yorkshire
Mull is a much better island for that as it is covered in woodland in many areas and much of this is very remote and by the coast. Skye is fairly desolate compared to Mull.

Agreed,

I got married on Skye and while there are a few places dotted round the island they are not very large and most privately owned.

If i remeber correctly there are areas around

Dunvegan
Broadford area
Ardvasar <near to the ferry port>
and a few isolated areas on a B road between Portree and Struan.

For rough and wild camping fill 'yer boots. It's fantastic rough and open moorland, Tree's are not plentiful......in summer midges are though :eek:)

sploing

Tenderfoot
Oct 3, 2006
Manchester
Thanks for the advice so far, I've had a check and Mull does seem better suited to what I have in mind. I've tried looking on google earth and various maps,, but it's hard to tell from there what areas of forest are really like. I think I'll open another topic with the same question but about mull, just so it's easier for people to find.
Thanks

BCUK Shop

We have a a number of knives, T-Shirts and other items for sale.

SHOP HERE