Sky TV poll

• Hey Guest, Early bird pricing on the Summer Moot (29th July - 10th August) available until April 6th, we'd love you to come. PLEASE CLICK HERE to early bird price and get more information.

snag68

Tenderfoot
May 29, 2005
Birmingham UK
Hi guys and gals

Posting this here, if it's in the wrong place or not allowed please remove etc.

Sky TV are running a poll - attached link - regarding the outright ban on 'bloodsports'.

Now I know many people here shoot, trap, fish etc,. Your vote would be appreciated.

Once they start on shooters, it'll be fishermen next the us bushcrafters for having point metal objects.

Thanks for you time

Dazz

http://www.sky.com/skynews/polls/displayresults/1,,91153-1003207,00.html

Reactions: beachlover

beachlover

Aug 28, 2004
Isle of Wight
snag68 said:
Hi guys and gals

Sky TV are running a poll - attached link - regarding the outright ban on 'bloodsports'.

Now I know many people here shoot, trap, fish etc,. Your vote would be appreciated.

Once they start on shooters, it'll be fishermen next the us bushcrafters for having point metal objects.

Thanks for you time

Dazz

http://www.sky.com/skynews/polls/displayresults/1,,91153-1003207,00.html
Nice one mate!
Voted and the good guys are winning :You_Rock_

R-J

Forager
Jan 26, 2005
norwich
good shout, better result. 90% for the NO vote, good to see. not that anyone in power will listen, or am i just being bitter...

Fluxus

Forager
Jan 23, 2004
heaven
Not wishing to urinate on your conflagration but what exactly is the point of this poll? There have been endless polls on bloodsports from all sides of the debate- remember the spurious 56%? This sky poll tells us nothing apart from the fact that lots of people who were directed towards this page thought that banning all bloodsports (whatever that means) was a bad idea.
I don't get it.
Flux

snag68

Tenderfoot
May 29, 2005
Birmingham UK
Who knows mate, perhaps when they interview the anti bloodsports people they can point to the above.

Remember the Antis can be directed to the same poll.

As well as the various polls, MPs have been written to by many people (whether they listen or not is another matter)

If I lose my rights to hunt, fish and live my life how I want, without the need to be wrapped in cotton wool, I'll seriously consider leaving this country to the pink, fluffy brigade and go live someplace where the people who swear to serve the people in political office actually listen to the majority.

Dazz

Paganwolf

Bushcrafter (boy, I've got a lot to say!)
Jul 26, 2004
Essex, Uk
www.WoodlifeTrails.com
I Vote to stop "Blood Sport's" chasing an animal to exhaustion letting dogs rip it to peices then smearing the blood onto some toffy nosed twonks cheeks is blood sport flipping cruel if you ask me, same as badger baiting no one ever took a badger home for the pot, Hunting on the other hand bringing meat home to the table is another matter, you need to get the consepts of "Blood Sports" and "Hunting" understood 1st, that just my opinion, ill just go back to my corner with my pint now lol :rolleyes: ;) :beerchug:

Tony

White bear (Admin)
Admin
Apr 16, 2003
Wales
www.bushcraftuk.com
snag68 said:
Hi guys and gals

There's no problem with this as long as it doesn't turn political on here ;)

snag68

Tenderfoot
May 29, 2005
Birmingham UK
Paganwolf said:
I Vote to stop "Blood Sport's" chasing an animal to exhaustion letting dogs rip it to peices then smearing the blood onto some toffy nosed twonks cheeks is blood sport flipping cruel if you ask me, same as badger baiting no one ever took a badger home for the pot, Hunting on the other hand bringing meat home to the table is another matter, you need to get the consepts of "Blood Sports" and "Hunting" understood 1st, that just my opinion, ill just go back to my corner with my pint now lol :rolleyes: ;) :beerchug:

Agreed, re the cruelty thing. I'm led to believe the poll is regarding ALL sports that involve the killing of an animal. I take it that as, Badger baiting and fox 'hunting' with dogs is already illegal, together with dog fighting, bull baiting and the like, it's directed towards vermin control with firearms, deer stalking, fishing etc. The majority of which put food on the table.

Dazz :beerchug:

snag68

Tenderfoot
May 29, 2005
Birmingham UK
Tony said:
There's no problem with this as long as it doesn't turn political on here ;)

Sorry Tony, The poll wasn't meant to cause political debate, but directed toward those of us who catch, kill and prepare our own 'meat' based foods, with permission of the land owner and within the law (if that makes sense)

Dazz

Doc

Need to contact Admin...
Nov 29, 2003
Perthshire
I often feel that, compared to the antis, supporters of fieldsports (Sky refer to 'Bloodsports,' grrrr...) are less vocal rather than less numerous. So good to redress the balance. I voted.

However, these media polls are not a valid way of eliciting public opinion, and this one has a particularly badly drafted question (it's vague, and uses a term used only by opponents).

The Daily Express ran loads of articles alleging Diana was murdered, followed by a telephone poll on 'Do you think Diana was murdered?' Premium rate number too. The results were inevitably flawed, as those who did not believe this were less likely to read about the poll, and also less likely to feel motivated to ring in.

bambodoggy

Bushcrafter (boy, I've got a lot to say!)
Nov 10, 2004
Surrey
www.stumpandgrind.co.uk
tomtom said:
what defines bloodsport..?

Who knows Tom...when I used to play Rugby at school and Hockey at college there was often a bit of blood about one way or another and they're certainly both sports! lol :lmao:

I agree 100% with PaganWolf but still voted "no" as I also think it was a loaded question and I wanted to poke the questioner in the eye! lol :D

Cheers,

Bam. :)

tomtom

Dec 9, 2003
Sunny South Devon
if bloodsports contitues shooting, fishing. hunting with dogs, ferreting, hawking.. etc! then its a NO.. it its just chasing down a stag with a pack of hounds.. im not so sure of my answer?

quiggers

Tenderfoot
Aug 6, 2004
East Stratton
for me personally, I focus on the word 'sport' - and don't agree...I am perfectly happy to condone the killing of an animal where it serves a purpose - ie food/clothing, and any educational and environmental reason for killing an animal..

Other than that, I don't see the purpose of killing an animal for recreation.
By recreation I don't mean bushcraft as we're using that animal...preferably as much of it as possible..

Although I am undecided on any activity where the animal is released afterwards - ie fishing, but don't consider that 'blood', just 'sport'..

BCUK Shop

We have a a number of knives, T-Shirts and other items for sale.

SHOP HERE