Skookum knife sheath

topknot

Maker
Jun 26, 2006
bristol
Hi, Made this sheath with firesteel lop + dd for a member Skookum bushtool knife.

img1309a.jpg

img1310c.jpg

Thankyou for looking
All comments welcome
Cheers Topknot.

slamdunk

Nomad
Sep 21, 2006
Sussex
Nice sheath - lovely work.

BR - Why don't you like the original Skookum sheath? I quite the look of it on the website - a bit different anyway......

Schwert

Settler
Apr 30, 2004
Seattle WA USA
That is very well done.

I actually like the original Skookum sheath quite a bit, but sometimes a more traditional belt hanger would be nice to have too.

British Red

M.A.B (Mad About Bushcraft)
Dec 30, 2005
Mercia
I think the belt loop looks like its been made with a hole punch and a stanly knife tbh slamdunk. A decent heavy grade leather sheath- with options for neck, belt and double dangler carry is a realtively simple thing to produce and I think its a shame that a great knife lacks those options.

"A hapeth of tar"

Red

rapidboy

Bushcrafter (boy, I've got a lot to say!)
Jun 14, 2004
BB
That's a big improvement, i have made a couple of replacement sheaths for the skookums and i think the originals sheaths are just terrible.
Although to be honest the knife is lost on me as well.

slamdunk

Nomad
Sep 21, 2006
Sussex
I think the belt loop looks like its been made with a hole punch and a stanly knife tbh slamdunk. A decent heavy grade leather sheath- with options for neck, belt and double dangler carry is a realtively simple thing to produce and I think its a shame that a great knife lacks those options.

"A hapeth of tar"

Red

I haven't actually seen one of the originals 'in the flesh' so I can't comment - just interested as I've a Skookum on order. I'll keep some good leather to one side just in case :rolleyes:

BCUK Shop

We have a a number of knives, T-Shirts and other items for sale.

SHOP HERE