Sitting on my car seat

• Hey Guest, Early bird pricing on the Summer Moot (29th July - 10th August) available until April 6th, we'd love you to come. PLEASE CLICK HERE to early bird price and get more information.

dchinell

Tenderfoot
Oct 11, 2004
Sarasota, Florida, USA
I don't know exactly how I came to put them there, but for the last two weeks I've had a wollen watch cap, a Laplander saw, and a Mora 2000 sitting on the passenger seat of my car.

Every time I see them my heart perks up a little. They're emblematic of a part of my life that's really wonderful.

I think I'll find ways to put little reminders elsewhere...

No, wait. I'm already doing that. The gear disease. I'd forgotten. I can't take two steps in my house without running across some neat bit of outdoors-related kit. I guess the car seat was just the last untouched storage area.

When do I get to be in the woods again? Sigh.

Bear

beachlover

Aug 28, 2004
Isle of Wight
I think that were you to have that collection on your passenger seat in this country you would be in for an afternoon without laces in a quiet room pending some very difficult questions. :shock: That is of course assuming you haven't been slotted by the gun happy firearms team for having a wooden table leg with you too! :yikes:

ChrisKavanaugh

Need to contact Admin...
In his book Grizzly years, Douglas Peacock wrote of his time in Vietnam and it's personal horrors. His escape was a topo map of his favourite wilderness area in Montana. Doug would escape the madness by looking at that abstraction of lines, recreating every feature in his mind.

maddave

Jan 2, 2004
Manchester UK
Paganwolf said:
know what u mean ive got BC gear n books stroon all over my gaff!! :rolmao: :biggthump

Jump in anytime Adi !! :eek:):

Me too though.....

Hallway: Usually M65 Jacket, Hunter boots possibles bag
Dining room: Barmah hat, bookcase full o bushcrafty literature
Top landing cupboard: 33ltr pack with main buscraft kit (tarp hammock knife etc etc)
Guest room cupboard: Normal camping gear, first aid and navigational kit (maps/compass) Charcloth making tin etc
Office cupboard: sleeping bags/thermarests etc
Office filing cabinet: Wood for friction firelighting sets willow. sycamore etc
Main bedroom: Torches, EDC knife, bushcrafty clothing.
Shed: metal for as yet unmade knife, plus parts to make my own forge when I get the time.

And that's off the top of me head !! :yikes:

Adi007

Bushcrafter (boy, I've got a lot to say!)
Sep 3, 2003
maddave said:
Jump in anytime Adi !! :eek:):
Uhhhh, yeah, I have that problem too ...

I tend to have three levels of kit (all messy I might add)

1 - Stuff I use
2 - Stuff I want to use or might use soon
3 - Stuff I no longer use

Beyond that, I don't think a system exists! :yikes: :naughty:

Kids, don't try this at home ... you'll never find your stuff!

BCUK Shop

We have a a number of knives, T-Shirts and other items for sale.

SHOP HERE