Sink Drainer Wood Stove Heads Up

MikeE

Sep 12, 2005
Essex
Is it my imagination or is the Woolies offering slightly thicker gauge than the IKEA? Either way they both make up into craking little hobos!

paulnb57

Nov 18, 2007
Isle of Wight
Called in at my local Woolies yesterday and they were not in the sale, however I bought one and today cut part of the side away with an angle grinder to make a hole for loading fuel - fired it up and it boiled 2 pints in about 10 mins with only a few sticks. What a great bit of kit! I'd now like one a little larger!! Anyone know of a Stainess container with undrilled sides about 7 inches diameter and same height?
Regards all!
Paul

Barn Owl

Old Age Punk
Apr 10, 2007
Ayrshire
Called in at my local Woolies yesterday and they were not in the sale, however I bought one and today cut part of the side away with an angle grinder to make a hole for loading fuel - fired it up and it boiled 2 pints in about 10 mins with only a few sticks. What a great bit of kit! I'd now like one a little larger!! Anyone know of a Stainess container with undrilled sides about 7 inches diameter and same height?
Regards all!
Paul

Paul,
I think it was Morrisons I got a ss biscuit tin in which the woolies/ikea drainers fit.
Mind you it may have been Poundstretcher.
Tom.

demographic

Bushcrafter (boy, I've got a lot to say!)
Apr 15, 2005
-------------
I just bought one of the Ikea ones yesteeyda, and also got a smaller cooking pot for it.

Why is it a good thing that these are stainless? Easier to clean?

My Ikea cutlery drainer is not magnetic, although from reading on here and the Ikea description, it is Stainless Steel. However, the smaller pot I got to fit in it IS magnetic. I'm confused... :eek:

Stainless knives (the ones that hold an edge anyway) are martensetic in internal structure and are therefore ferromagnetic but items like stainless sinks and pans are austenitic in internal structure and are not ferromagnetic.

Heat a piece of martensetic stainless up enough and as its internal structure changes to austenite it is no longer attracted to a magnet.

Thats how I remember it anyway from doing product technology years ago.

BCUK Shop

We have a a number of knives, T-Shirts and other items for sale.

SHOP HERE