Singer 201k Sewing Machine NUMBER 2!!!!!!!

• Hey Guest, Early bird pricing on the Summer Moot (29th July - 10th August) available until April 6th, we'd love you to come. PLEASE CLICK HERE to early bird price and get more information.

Angst

Apr 15, 2010
Hampshire
www.facebook.com
yes, i'm sad....but heres the second one....1947 model and even heavier than the last...again i've not sewn with it yet but it goes like a dream and seems fine....it has an early motor on it, though not the original, same with the light and foot pedal i believe but i like it more than the original as its larger and offers more control (from a newbies p.o.v.) and the cables have been extended to enable it to be used on a higher work surface which suits me fine though granted it wasnt a master electrician who did the work but its nothing my brother-in-law can't sort in 5 seconds. very nice condition over-all and comes with loads of bobbins and extra feet, booklet and needles.....i got this one for just £55 and yes i'm very happy with that. just needs a wipe down and a spruce up.

so this thread along with the first show a nice mix of this amazing machine and i hope they serve as a decent guide for anyone interested in following suit. hand crank one next for me.....and then i'm just going to keep on buying more and more of them i think...i want to learn everything there is about them, everything.

regards,

s

TurboGirl

Bushcrafter (boy, I've got a lot to say!)
Sep 8, 2011
Leicestershire
www.king4wd.co.uk
if you can find an old hand crank system it should fit straight on if the motor goes fzzzztttt!! as it has the spoked hand wheel. Not sure if that's right on the 201 but its very similar looking to the 66 and 99 machines.

Tools For Self Reliance collect em to send to Africa (hand crank only I believe) but they have some very good pdfs on refurbing the machines. If you have a local branch, they are always crying out for volunteers and its a cracking place to pick up parts wile doing some good :) Infact our local one throws away the machines they can't send, its a crime really.... they don't even weigh them in for scrap :confused:

Here's their site, have a browse :)

Macaroon

A bemused & bewildered
Jan 5, 2013
SE Wales
Brilliant, well done Sonni...................you're well and truly hooked now matey! I'm not too sure about the first one you bought, but this one can be converted to hand crank and back again very quickly and easily - you just need to get the actual crank and it can be done in 5 minutes. I'll get those links I promised you over the next few days, meanwhile enjoy your new babies :)

Angst

Apr 15, 2010
Hampshire
www.facebook.com
Hi....thanks turbo...mac mentioned TFSR to me so thanks for the link, i'll have a look no worries.

i'll be buying a dedicated handcrank machine and i've seen the cranks for sale on ebay individually...i'll start picking up extras as and when because i'm a prevention rather than cure kinda guy :cool:....and given the ages of the motors, of course anything could go wrong at any time so a back-up seems sensible.

superb!

s

ps....this is all macs fault...and hillbill and chris caine have been giving me all sorts of stick lol!

Last edited:

Macaroon

A bemused & bewildered
Jan 5, 2013
SE Wales
ps............you have to stop blaming me for your shameless and reckless addiction, Sonni, you're a big boy now and have to face your own demons!!! :)

I do re-hab courses for addicts like you, £100 per hr. and a minimum 100 hrs for addicts as far gone as you.............it's a long and lonely road, but I can help!

Last edited:

Angst

Apr 15, 2010
Hampshire
www.facebook.com
life got in the way.....theyre still sitting in the kitchen....my son decided i wasnt to play with sewing machines, rather put stickers in his new 'knights stickers' book...since tea i've been explaining gauntlets, jousting, bows and arrows, castles and sew on (joke)....he and mum are now on the sofa watching mike the knight with heavy eyes and tummys full of steak, roasties, carrots, cauliflower and leeks.....once they retire i shall go in and start reading the manuals, if i'm not collapsing myself....kids eh?:cool:

s'ok....i'm out here with a guinness courtesy of brother ammo and reading up on singer stuff online....

s

ps....did i mention its all your fault?

Last edited:

BCUK Shop

We have a a number of knives, T-Shirts and other items for sale.

SHOP HERE