Sinew wanted

Hi Guys, Can anyone help with this? I need to get Sinew, so does anyone butcher their own deer ( or Ostrich/Kangaroo/Anything?????)?.
I'm trying to make a couple of Asiatic Horse Bows, so will need quite a bit, and it works out far too expensive getting it from somewhere like Highland Horn. I've tried the only abatoir down this way, but what with the H&S laws now it's almost impossible to get. Even a local butcher ( who retired a few months ago) couldn't butcher his own any more, it had to be sent off to get it done, then sent BACK to him to sell. Stupid or what??
I don't mind if it arrives in a plain brown package!!!!!.

I've been trying for ages to get a supply.

How do I put 'Smileys' on here, not just the message icon ones?

jojo

Need to contact Admin...
Aug 16, 2006
England's most easterly point
Thanks JoJo, I know Richard Head anyway,from the re-enactment shows, he's more expensive than Highland Horn!
It's ok for just a couple of bits now and then, but I'd need a fairly regular supply (hopefully), quite cheap. Just to do one bow I think it'd probably be about 2 dozen lengths at least, that's without making a sinew string too.
As to the U S, their laws are stricter than ours.
It doesn't HAVE to be deer sinew, almost any will do, even cattle at a pinch,( unless it's wild 'highland' type, which is quite good) but it seems to be better from animals than run a lot, or work, like plough animals.

BCUK Shop

We have a a number of knives, T-Shirts and other items for sale.

SHOP HERE