Simpleton solution to slippy water bottle

Elines

Oct 4, 2008
Leicestershire
Maybe its just me - being an ex-office worker with oh so soft hands :) - but I have always found my ?standard pattern 58 water bottle a bit slippy to hold and it was particularly bad in the cold last weekend. So as part of tweaking my stuff when I got back home I decided to do something about it:

CIMG6639.JPG

I deliberately creased the gaffer tape to give some grip. Seems much better but will only be able to tell properly when it is cold again. It still fits in the aluminium 'bottom' cup and the plastic upper one still fits on top

Paul_B

Bushcrafter through and through
Jul 14, 2008
Cumbria
Can use small dabs of something sticky like certain glues. When dry they form tacky dots. Think it was seam sealer but could be wrong on the glue type.

Ogri the trog

Mod
Mod
Apr 29, 2005
Mid Wales UK
Ranger bands are the way forward.

Next time you are near a tire fitters, ask them for a selection of old inner tubes - the tire recyclers dislike than as they jam the tire shredding machines.

Cut the tubes into narrow bands and use them for everything - holding gear, keeping rattling bit quiet, extra straps on your rucksack etc.

Even if they break, they can be tied into a smaller loop - and the biggest bonus is that they make great (if somewhat smelly) firelighters.

ATB

Ogri the trog

BCUK Shop

We have a a number of knives, T-Shirts and other items for sale.

SHOP HERE