Simple pleasures...

• Hey Guest, Early bird pricing on the Summer Moot (29th July - 10th August) available until April 6th, we'd love you to come. PLEASE CLICK HERE to early bird price and get more information.

Muddypaws

Jan 23, 2009
Southampton
Today, after months of turning spoons and other domestic wares on my lathe, I rediscovered the simple pleasure of sitting outside and carving a spoon. I've tried to make a simple sycamore eating spoon, inspired by (but nowhere near as good as) some of Forginhill's recent posts.

Still needs a little bit of scraping to tidy up the bowl ( but I need to make a new radiused scraper), then I am going to try a baked in oil finish, as advocated by Robson Valley of this parish.

Thanks for looking!

Dec 6, 2013
N.E.Lincs.
Talking of Simple Pleasures never did W. H. Davies poem ‘Leisure’ seem so appropriate though I was lying rather than standing.

I went this morning to the wood to do a bit of work around the ponds and spotted the Buzzards displaying high up in a perfect blue sky so ended up lying for nearly two hours in a string hammock with the Binoculars watching them….just Wow!

D.B.

Robson Valley

Nov 24, 2014
McBride, BC
Nice spoon, I like the geometry of the lines & strength where it's needed. I was stirring the rice pot last night, the carved wooded fork is as greasy now as it was 2+ years ago when it came out of the oven. Not doing much food prep with spoons, the big tines on the wooden fork do not create any splash or splatter.. . . . and since I'm the one who has to clean it up. . . . .

forginhill

Settler
Dec 3, 2006
The Desert
To me it's everything a spoon should be! And I love the context..."the simple pleasure of sitting outside and carving a spoon." Your tools interest me. I like the look of them. Looking forward to seeing it with some oil "skin," baked on Robson style...

BCUK Shop

We have a a number of knives, T-Shirts and other items for sale.

SHOP HERE