Simple folding trivet

Captaincrash

Sep 26, 2010
Canada
Here is a simple folding trivet I made today from scraps of steel I had. The two pieces are riveted together with a small piece of 3/16" steel rod riveted in place.
ae5e28db-9145-a74b.jpg

ae5e28db-9153-6b6a.jpg

ae5e28db-9163-2bd8.jpg

Adze

Native
Oct 9, 2009
Cumbria
www.adamhughes.net
That's a cracker!

My immediate first thought was, if you riveted another piece of flat bar to the top piece so that it would rest on top of the lower piece (in the gap on the right hand side in the first photo), you could rest more or less any size of pot on it really securely. Mind you... it would increase the weight slightly.

Captaincrash

Sep 26, 2010
Canada
That's a cracker!

My immediate first thought was, if you riveted another piece of flat bar to the top piece so that it would rest on top of the lower piece (in the gap on the right hand side in the first photo), you could rest more or less any size of pot on it really securely. Mind you... it would increase the weight slightly.

I was thinking of doing something like that but went for the simple approach. The problem with riveting a piece to the top piece is the different levels this would create. I am thinking how to overcome this at the moment.

BCUK Shop

We have a a number of knives, T-Shirts and other items for sale.

SHOP HERE