Simple Burn Treatment

• Hey Guest, Early bird pricing on the Summer Moot (29th July - 10th August) available until April 6th, we'd love you to come. PLEASE CLICK HERE to early bird price and get more information.
D

DavidBFPO

While working in the A&E, it is always worth a laugh to see what crap people put on burns. I have seen just about everything. The only benefit from cremes, lard, mud, grease, ointments, butter, gauze (ouch!), or anything else put on a burn is whether it cools it down. Just water will do the trick best and it will keep you from having a medic scrub out whatever crap you decide to put into a burn.
Gauze dressing is probably the worst. The only thing we can do is soak it for awhile and then yank........ sucks.....
----
hello, (Ditto) I was reading this with interest. I was taught First Aid both Military/Civie many years ago till date & as always
just plain old water does the trick as in A&E they have to clean up the wound first as said which can cause some delay in treatment.
Valid point.
Regards
David

lannyman8

Bushcrafter (boy, I've got a lot to say!)
Jan 18, 2009
Dark side of the Moon
sorry could not help my self....;)

running water for a minimum of 10 mins 20 - 30 if its bad.... then to keep it clean a very loose wrap of clingfilm (while its still wet) untill you get to A+E...

i get burned at work all the time, the worst type are from steam or molten plastic, steam just takes skin straight off, and plastic sticks to it keeping the heat in and ripping the skin of when you remove it....:(

BCUK Shop

We have a a number of knives, T-Shirts and other items for sale.

SHOP HERE