Silver Hare.

• Hey Guest, Early bird pricing on the Summer Moot (29th July - 10th August) available until April 6th, we'd love you to come. PLEASE CLICK HERE to early bird price and get more information.

launditch1

Maker Plus and Trader
Nov 17, 2008
Eceni county.
Yesterday on a bimble in a corn field that was being harvested i watched a silver/grey Hare dart out and run down the field.I have lived in the country all my life and ive never seen a Hare that colour...Is it unusual?Anyone else seen one?Imagine a photo of a Hare taken in black and white and the contrast set on high,thats what it looked like.If you get what i mean!No chance of photo,they move to fast!!
It was beautiful.

Toddy

Mod
Mod
Jan 21, 2005
S. Lanarkshire
Well, those ones are supposed to be very special. :D
Don't hunt it 'cos you don't know who it is, kind of special. :cool:

Our Celtic ancestors didn't hunt the hare we're told, the Romans did though :sigh:

cheers,
Toddy

launditch1

Maker Plus and Trader
Nov 17, 2008
Eceni county.
Yes,i thought it was special..Hairs on the back of my neck stood up!I certainly wont be hunting it.well,only to look at it running about!

Its kinda magical i think.;)

fishfish

Jul 29, 2007
wiltshire
ive seen and killed hundreds of brown hares over the last 30 years,but never seen a silver! ide say it was special.did see an albino once though.

Lincs Bushman

Aug 15, 2009
Lincolnshire
About 35 years ago... my father (who was a gamekeeper) was clearing some Hares for a farmer, and he shot a Blue Hare (also known as a Mountain Hare), local people said that they had been becoming more and more numerous, he actually sold it to a taxidermist, and I remember seeing it after it had been stuffed and cased, and it did look 'silvery' doing a bit of research, it does seem that they are becoming more numerous in the UK. So this may have been what you saw.

BCUK Shop

We have a a number of knives, T-Shirts and other items for sale.

SHOP HERE