Show us your modified Mora classics!

• Hey Guest, Early bird pricing on the Summer Moot (29th July - 10th August) available until April 6th, we'd love you to come. PLEASE CLICK HERE to early bird price and get more information.

brancho

Bushcrafter (boy, I've got a lot to say!)
Feb 20, 2007
Whitehaven Cumbria
are the stick tangs glued into the wooden handles of the mora knives? And corse, do you have a tutorial on how to change a scout 40 into something as cool as that??

They are held together by a spring clip as shown on the frost 105 I dismanatled

Dismantledfrost105.jpg

Reactions: buckfynn

Samon

Mar 24, 2011
Britannia!
Lame. (cheers for letting me know though)

and there I was eyeing up a few vintage folders fromt here too.. I've messaged heinnie to see if they can aquirw one for me and what price it'll be.

thanks for the image brancho! are they all simular to that? and do you just tap it into the bottom?

Last edited:

brancho

Feb 20, 2007
Whitehaven Cumbria
The classics are all held together in the same way as far as I know my No1 105 & 106 and the scout 39 and others I have seen are all the same constuction

Look HERE for some of the blades

Corso

Aug 13, 2007
none
Ebay banned knifes in the UK about 2 years ago, the company may deal outside ebay, but ebay block us bidding/buying as I found out last month with a unsharpened damascus blank :( I think there's some exceptions as collectables but that's it.

And the seller I wanted to buy from also quotes selling to the UK & delivery times.

http://pages.ebay.co.uk/help/policies/weapons.html Ebay UK knife/Weapons policy

ebay.co.uk wont let you list/buy but oddly i've read numerous reports of ebay.com being fine....

Corso

Aug 13, 2007
none
scout 40 seems to be discontinued, there are online retailers selling them but most seem to be in the US

the Helle one seems to be a similar size 4" handle but has a slightly shorter blade 3-1/2" rather than 4"

This is what I've done with a 601 :D

P1000618.jpg

needs a little work and a sheath

Last edited:

Samon

Mar 24, 2011
Britannia!
nice! and you beat me to it! that's what I had planned for a 601 ;)

shame about the scout 40, it looked really neat and a good stainless blade is always useful to have. The helle version is around £30 I think, but it does look nice.

I thought more people would have had mora classics, and had a play changing them..

Corso

Aug 13, 2007
none
have you looked on the bushcraftusa forum - although they tend to prefer modding Oldhicks theirs a fair few on there

I'm planning on geting a number 3 at some point and going to town on it.

Reactions: buckfynn

Samon

Mar 24, 2011
Britannia!
have you looked on the bushcraftusa forum - although they tend to prefer modding Oldhicks theirs a fair few on there

I'm planning on geting a number 3 at some point and going to town on it.

cool! keep me posted on how it turns out ;)

where can I get metla but caps and bits like that for the classics? I think I saw them for sale some where..

Corso

Aug 13, 2007
none
where can I get metla but caps and bits like that for the classics? I think I saw them for sale some where..

not sure i've seen Mora parts for sale but i'd be interested in getting a gurd if they are avalible seperately

sasquatch

Jun 15, 2008
Northampton
Not even sure if this is a Mora Classic but whatever it is I love it as a backup and general beater;

Photo0136.jpg

Birch bark sheath with a pine insert inspired by Addo and a bit of elbow grease and linseed oil on the handle. Great knife and probably the best £5 I've ever dropped on a knife!

sasquatch

Jun 15, 2008
Northampton
Right, it's an E Jonsson Mora. Still no idea if it's a classic or not but thats what I've always thought it was. Nice knife regardless, if I didn't make my own knives I would have bought several of these to last a lifetime.

Corso

Aug 13, 2007
none
From british blades

There were four Jönsson brothers: Erik, Anders, John and Manne.
The workshop was started by their father Anders Jönsson in the early 1900s, and was taken over by the four brothers in 1934. I dont know how long the company was in business, but I guess that they operate until around 1960 when they were bought out by frost.

The usual stamp of "Bröderna Jönsson" is in Swedish the same as "the Jönsson brothers" is in English.

E Jonsson knives are still made but that may well be a vintage one as the only ones i can find have red paint...

Last edited:

sasquatch

Jun 15, 2008
Northampton
thanks for the info. it had red paint until i removed it. still prefer it without but perhaps i should have left it on!? chances are it's a new one if it had the paint i take it...the sheath was pretty plastic fantastic hence the birch bark and pine pimp.

Last edited:

BCUK Shop

We have a a number of knives, T-Shirts and other items for sale.

SHOP HERE