Show us your gents folders!

• Hey Guest, Early bird pricing on the Summer Moot (29th July - 10th August) available until April 6th, we'd love you to come. PLEASE CLICK HERE to early bird price and get more information.

sam_acw

Native
Sep 2, 2005
Tyneside
I have an Eye-brand sodbuster which is more rustic and not the highest level of fit and finish. Excellent steel though and if someone wanted to rehandle a folder it's be an great candidate.
The other half of the time I carry a victorniox Electrician plus, I think it's discontinued now, it's basically a Farmer with the can opener switched for a sheepsfoot blade.

topknot

Maker
Jun 26, 2006
bristol
Hi, My two, bottom one is a Boker stockman. The top one i picked up at the Bristol knife show, its a Remington stockman and made in the USA not bad for £10.

img1808b.jpg

Hoodoo

Nov 17, 2003
Michigan, USA
A couple real beauties salad!

topknot, the stockman pattern is hard to beat, imo, and those look like excellent examples. That Remington looks like it has carbon blades eh?

I have a nice Boker I carry off and on as well.

boker_stag_stockman2b.jpg

boker_stag_stockman1b.jpg

al21

Nomad
Aug 11, 2006
In a boat somewhere
No idea if this counts as a Gents folder, but then I'm no gent.

It was my fathers EDC for something like fifty years and been mine for several now.

curry-lockspike-open.jpg

You can still buy them from the shop in Bosham my father bought this. I shall be buying my boys one each as they become responsible enough to own a knife.

Al

memorire

Jan 21, 2010
Germany
Some very beautiful knives here! My mouth is watering ;) Congratulations to the owners! But I have a question - what is a gents folder and how is it different from other folders?

cheers

Nov 29, 2004
Scotland
A Schrade 960T...

schrade960t.jpg

Thanks to John Larsen over on BB I now know that the "Pin" is described in catalogs as a "Field Pick" although he is not sure what that is. Some folks think it could be used as a scribe, or a field expedient awl.

:)

topknot

Maker
Jun 26, 2006
bristol
A couple real beauties salad!

topknot, the stockman pattern is hard to beat, imo, and those look like excellent examples. That Remington looks like it has carbon blades eh?

Hoodoo, yes the Remington is carbon steel, the main blade as colour a bit. The knife needs a good clean out and oiling other than that is in good nick.

As you said , i've starded to like the pattern.

Cheers Topknot

Hugo

Bushcrafter (boy, I've got a lot to say!)
Nov 29, 2009
Lost in the woods
Did you do these as they are the first I recall seeing with the tweezers in.
Do they have the toothpic in as well.
If you did them how about tutorial.

Yes I did them last week.
I did make a third pair and tried to put the tooth pick slot in, trouble was it leaves the scale vulnerable on that edge as it is very close to the cut-out for the corkscrew. I could have put the tooth pick slot on the opposite edge and that would have been OK.
As for a tutorial, there is one on British Blades site.
That guy used bone for scales whereas I used some hardwood from a box that I came across, think it is mango wood but I'm not sure, all the pieces on the box were different shades.
I have yet to polish them up properly as I put linseed oil on them.
The next ones I do I'm planning on using some seashell with oyster pattern if I can get some flat pieces.

brancho

Bushcrafter (boy, I've got a lot to say!)
Feb 20, 2007
Whitehaven Cumbria
That guy used bone for scales whereas I used some hardwood from a box that I came across, think it is mango wood but I'm not sure, all the pieces on the box were different shades.

Assuming you mean Cosco's Tut I have seen it but it does cover fitting tweezers. I have done a couple myself but wanted info on the tweezers

ChrisKS7.jpg

AntlerSAK1.jpg

Tye Possum

Nomad
Feb 7, 2009
Canada
I don't know if it would be considered a gents folder or not but here's the one I carry, it's not very classy so I'd consider it more of an average pocket knife.

Sorry for the terrible picture
knives.jpg

On the left a Case medium stockman with a pen blade in place of a spey and all the blades are CV steel (carbon), love it. I don't think the SAK would count but it happened to be in this old picture.

BCUK Shop

We have a a number of knives, T-Shirts and other items for sale.

SHOP HERE