Show us your brew kit

• Hey Guest, Early bird pricing on the Summer Moot (29th July - 10th August) available until April 6th, we'd love you to come. PLEASE CLICK HERE to early bird price and get more information.

muffinski

Aug 18, 2011
west Midlands
Sorry if this has already been done (couldn't find a thread) but I am looking for inspiration for a new brew kit. Currently use a trangia stove but looking for something different that can make two large beverages. Been looking at the Stanley camp cook set up and like the fact it comes with two cups and can boil 700ml, not sure what to pair it with to make a neat set up. The down side with trangia is you can't put the cups in the set as a neat package. I would not want to cook on it just boil water for hot drinks. It would be good to see what you good folk use as your brew kit.

Squidders

Aug 3, 2004
Harrow, Middlesex
I use an MSR Titan Kettle. In that, if i'm under a tarp, I take a Primus clip on windshield. In that is an Evernew Titanium Companion Cup (EBY265) and in that are a 100ml gas bottle and an AlpKit Kraku gas canister stove along with an Esbit folding titanium spoon and fork.

If i'm in a tent or guaranteed somewhere to be out of wind, I don't bother with the windshield.

It's a very nice system and would be easy to drink one cuppa from the kettle and one from the cup for two good sized brews.

MarkN

Jan 13, 2015
Dorset
I either use a Wild Woodgas Stove with either a Trangia burner or a few twigs, as used here;
IMG_1505-1.jpg

or, I've just bought a Pocket Stove that I set up in my cave the other evening;
IMG_1526.jpg

This is designed to use either the Trangia burner or twigs etc.
IMG_1524.jpg

Bishop

Jan 25, 2014
Pencader
Stainless steel Tea,Coffee & Sugar container sets are always worth a look,
available in all good kitchen stores and sometimes singly in charity shops.
This particular style holds about 800ml so room for couple of nesting cups and brew ingredients,
the lid seals pretty airtight for transit and the rounded ends make it easier to insert or extract
from a narrow pouch.

coffee-can.jpg

tactical-minion-1.jpg

Last edited:

Tim_B

Dec 8, 2013
Ipswich
I currently have two options....

The first is in a 10x4 bottle pouch. It has a GSI mug at the bottom, then a Nalgene bottle, then another GSI on top. This gives me room for a trangia and/or monkey boi stove at the top. In the pocket I have a windshield, firesteel and titanium pot stand. I can either use two stoves with two mugs or just one stove.

The second option is a 12x5 bottle pouch. This is the same set up as above but has the addition of the stanley cook set,. The lid of the stanley fits the gsi mugs perfectly.

I have either standard plastic Nalgene bottle for the 10x4 and a Guyot bottle for the 10x5. The reason is the guyot bottle is a sloping bottle so fits the stanley very well.

Now looking at a SVEA123 and Sigg Tourist, slightly different to a normal brew kit but want to see what all the fuss is about :)

Thanks
Tim

muffinski

Aug 18, 2011
west Midlands
Some good ideas there folks. Can anyone recommend a suitable stove that will accommodate the Stanley Cook set? Been looking pocket stove etc, ideally I want something that can handle meths stove and use wood/twigs.

Barney Rubble

Settler
Sep 16, 2013
Rochester, Kent
youtube.com
Why not try a utensil holder from morrisons. At £3 you wont break the bank and it will nest very nicely with the stanley cookset. I have one and use it with a 10cm zebra Billy And have used it with trangia stove, hexi blocks and twigs.

coolerking

Tenderfoot
Jun 24, 2008
Manchester
linktr.ee
Some good ideas there folks. Can anyone recommend a suitable stove that will accommodate the Stanley Cook set? Been looking pocket stove etc, ideally I want something that can handle meths stove and use wood/twigs.
I have a couple of the stanley sets, i use them with my little gas stove or on my ikea hobo stove, works a treat on both.
I have also used it with a trangia meths burner and a fabricated pot stand.....in a similar style to the one you can get from tatonka, also worked a treat.

My brew kit contains the stanley cook pot with cups, msr gas burner, bottle of gas, long reach spoon, coffee and a soup, just in case. all in a 10x4 knock off maxpedition bottle holder. ;-)

muffinski

Aug 18, 2011
west Midlands
Well I got the Stanley pot now. Any thoughts on what two cups will fit inside of each other and then will allow me to put the Stanley pot inside the cups. Also I am looking for a water bottle to fit inside the Stanley pot. Have to say for £15 quid the Stanley pot looks like it is gonna be a great piece of kit!

BCUK Shop

We have a a number of knives, T-Shirts and other items for sale.

SHOP HERE