Should i do a quick over night on wednesday?

Evening All
i've not been out camping since december (the weekend of the stupidly low temps and snow)
now having just moved and with a little un on the way i have limited time potentially for nights away for a while.
wednesday i am taking my over night kit to scouts to show/discuss what you need for an overnight hike/camp.
within strolling distance of the scout hut is a spot i know of. Lisa is on a sleep in at work so i can ditch the two hounds at my folks without worrying about them demolishing the house.
what do you guys think grab the oppourtunity for an overnighter or do assorted domestic chores?
it would involve an early start thursday morning as although camping is permitted its close to a popular dog walking route and canine wake up calls aren't very fun

Shewie

Mod
Mod
Dec 15, 2005
Yorkshire
I say go for it Sam, the chores will still be there for you when you get home on Thursday.

I always try to get out for a night if I've got the opportunity, make the most of them while you can mate :)

Shewie

Mod
Mod
Dec 15, 2005
Yorkshire
ah see another chance presents itself next week where i had booked the time off for the rescheduled wild food course.
Which would allow me the chance to go up t permission site and have a longer session.
mind might do both still

Ah well then, maybe it's good to stop in and earn some extra brownie points :)

dwardo

Bushcrafter through and through
Aug 30, 2006
Nr Chester
If its dry i would go doesnt matter about the temps just pack accordingly. If its going to be wet i would ditch it in favour of some brownie points :)
Lot of work to setup and pack down wet kit for a one nighter.

If its dry i would go doesnt matter about the temps just pack accordingly. If its going to be wet i would ditch it in favour of some brownie points :)
Lot of work to setup and pack down wet kit for a one nighter.

thats the way i am leaning
specially as i have work the next day so wouldn't give me much time to sort out the soggy kit once home.
the doing both for soul time suggested by both jonathon and mesquite sounds good, whilst i've plans for the little un when he arrives i suspect Lissa while be a bit dubious until he can at least walk :lmao:

BCUK Shop

We have a a number of knives, T-Shirts and other items for sale.

SHOP HERE