B

bushboy1

what can you make beside match boxes with old shotgun shells?:confused:

bushboy:lmao:

nenook

Need to contact Admin...
Sep 24, 2010
stafford
cut a piece of candle down to fit snugly inside the shell, fill the shell with matches, and a sml piece of sand paper, and fit the candle wick sidedown inside the shell, hey presto a good way to keep matches dry and have a source of light as well, if only for a short period.

nenook

FreddyFish

Settler
Mar 2, 2009
Frome, Somerset, UK
It's not really bushcrafty but here's an option.

http://www.roguecontrollers.co.uk/index.html

6836755.jpg

Home Guard

Forager
Dec 13, 2010
North Walsham, Nelson's County.
Reloading shotty shells isnt really worth it unless you do larger scale production and buy in bulk, or do special loads.

I tryed the walking stick end cap the other day, it works. But they arent as good as the stainless ones.

British Red

M.A.B (Mad About Bushcraft)
Dec 30, 2005
Mercia
Reloading shotty shells isnt really worth it unless you do larger scale production and buy in bulk, or do special loads.

All depends how you define "worth it". Growing your own veg isn't "worth it" in monetary terms, cooking on a wood fired oven isn't logically economic. Why make sloe gin? Regular gin gets you just as drunk.

There are more things in life than money. I enjoy reloading for many reasons - load control, interest, satisfaction. That makes it "worth it" for me.

I've never really understood trying to put monetary worth on a hobby.

Red

It's not really bushcrafty but here's an option.

http://www.roguecontrollers.co.uk/index.html

6836755.jpg

Thats awesome so it is, iv modded a 360 controller it aint easy.

When we were kids we used to make parachute esque toy with my friends fathers old shotgun shells. we would take a piece of plastic bag cut into a square and tape four corners to the shell and put something inside to weigh it down and throw and watch them float down like little paratroopers, usually they would have little army men attached to them, there was a bunch of us in or P3 class that loved doing this.

GordonM

Settler
Nov 11, 2008
Virginia, USA
There are more things in life than money. I enjoy reloading for many reasons - load control, interest, satisfaction. That makes it "worth it" for me.

I fully understand and agree with your line of reasoning, Red. :35:

Punch out the fired primer, drill out the primer pocket, glue in a "squeaker" closed reed. You now have a novelty squeaker call for calling in fox.

Gordy

johnnytheboy

Native
Aug 21, 2007
Falkirk
jokesblogspot.blogspot.com
Been looking into doing this red, to get good duck and geese non-toxic loads, there is just not allot of choice of good non-toxic shot in the Uk when you look at whats abroad!!

All depends how you define "worth it". Growing your own veg isn't "worth it" in monetary terms, cooking on a wood fired oven isn't logically economic. Why make sloe gin? Regular gin gets you just as drunk.

I've never really understood trying to put monetary worth on a hobby.

Red

British Red

M.A.B (Mad About Bushcraft)
Dec 30, 2005
Mercia
There is hardly any startup costs for shotgun - a Lee shotgun press is it (you don't need dies as such for a crimped cartridge). For bottle necked rifle and straight wall pistol you need dies, but the cost saving is high - and of course the accuracy is far higher. When you think of the costs of SpSG these days - I have seen them at about 80p a cartridge - the component cost is far lower.

Home Guard

Forager
Dec 13, 2010
North Walsham, Nelson's County.
There is hardly any startup costs for shotgun - a Lee shotgun press is it (you don't need dies as such for a crimped cartridge). For bottle necked rifle and straight wall pistol you need dies, but the cost saving is high - and of course the accuracy is far higher. When you think of the costs of SpSG these days - I have seen them at about 80p a cartridge - the component cost is far lower.

A while back I saw a small hand 12G reloader for sale on ebay in the usa. You hit the top with a mallet. Do you know what these are called, I think it was made by Lee.

lannyman8

Bushcrafter (boy, I've got a lot to say!)
Jan 18, 2009
Dark side of the Moon
hey red, do you just get the components from the gun shop then, or a special site.....what do you do for wadding???????also how do you know how much powder to put into the shell......

thanks.

chris.....................

Last edited:

BCUK Shop

We have a a number of knives, T-Shirts and other items for sale.

SHOP HERE