Shotgun shell match box

lannyman8

Bushcrafter (boy, I've got a lot to say!)
Jan 18, 2009
Dark side of the Moon
ypy5ydav.jpg
amy5e3u9.jpg
9yjegyve.jpg
Hey all, just a very simple match box made from 12g empty cases. Very handy water tight small enough to fit in a pocket & simple to use, just twist the cap off remove the cotton wool used to protect the matches from knocking about inside, tip 1 out and strike on the lid, you can glue some match striker to the lid or rough it up with sand paper or stanley knife, but this only works with strike anywhere matches...:(:D

Sent from my GT-S5570 using Tapatalk 2

Last edited:

Marmite

Life Member
Feb 20, 2012
Gloucestershire
Use a long 410 cartridge in a similar vein as a needle case. Makes a great compact quick needle and thread. Excellent work and thanks for showing.

British Red

M.A.B (Mad About Bushcraft)
Dec 30, 2005
Mercia
Chris. a straight wall and a bottleneck work well - .357 over .223 makes a neat needle case

British Red

Dec 30, 2005
Mercia
Depends how thick the walls are. Stick a pair of callipers on it. You may find another cartridge big enough to form the outer section - or even a bit of pipe with a cap of the right ID

lannyman8

Bushcrafter (boy, I've got a lot to say!)
Jan 18, 2009
Dark side of the Moon
Depends how thick the walls are. Stick a pair of callipers on it. You may find another cartridge big enough to form the outer section - or even a bit of pipe with a cap of the right ID

i might just make a wooden plug for the trimmed down case??????? maybe with a cord attached through the primer hole to the lid, stop it getting lost...:):):):)

British Red

Dec 30, 2005
Mercia
That would work really well! You might find a trimmed case slides outside a 410 case nicely too

BCUK Shop

We have a a number of knives, T-Shirts and other items for sale.

SHOP HERE