Shotgun Problems

• Hey Guest, Early bird pricing on the Summer Moot (29th July - 10th August) available until April 6th, we'd love you to come. PLEASE CLICK HERE to early bird price and get more information.

Tinweasle

Jan 14, 2011
Herts, beds, bucks border
Hi, Talking to a friend a few days ago and I was invited out after woody's, long story short I want to take my Macnab lowlander U/O as I havent used it for a couple of years. When I got home I thought I would give it a clean, put the snap caps in the chambers, slid off the safty and pulled the triger firing the first barrel but when I went to fire the second barrel I found I had to put the safty back on and off again, its the same if the top or bottom barrel is fired first, now I have no skills as a gun smith so I will have to send it away to be fixed but has anyone got an idear what the problem may be?

Many thanks

Shaun

johnnytheboy

Native
Aug 21, 2007
Falkirk
jokesblogspot.blogspot.com
My Beretta does that as well, the recoil resets the barrel selector some how or other, if i bump it on the ground to simulate a fired shell it selects the next chamber.

Dont know how or why it does it but thats the way it is designed as I checked this when i first got it. I was firing the snap caps and couldnt get the other one to fire, I was worried i bought a dodgy gun, luckily thats the way they are!!

treelore

Nomad
Jan 4, 2008
Northamptonshire
jonny is spot on, both my berettas do the same, the use recoil to reset the firing pin, like jonnys says just tap it on the floor. i use and old camping pillow and tap the but of the gun twice..

Buckshot

Mod
Mod
Jan 19, 2004
Oxford
Many OUs use the recoil to set the second trigger
A tap on the but of the gun using the heel of the handshould be enough to set it and allow the other barrel to go off.

Mark

BCUK Shop

We have a a number of knives, T-Shirts and other items for sale.

SHOP HERE