Shooting in Central Scotland

• Hey Guest, Early bird pricing on the Summer Moot (29th July - 10th August) available until April 6th, we'd love you to come. PLEASE CLICK HERE to early bird price and get more information.
Jan 23, 2012
Denny, Scotland
Hi jack here

me and my friend were wondering if there are any gun ranges or gun clubs where civi's could go and try target shooting for a day, trying out different guns (air rifles) just to try something different, I know of one in Edinburgh but you need to be a member and own your own gun which we do not. Any help on this topic would be deeply appreciated as far a travel goes nothing more than 20 miles north or south of the central belt (Glasgow, Edinburgh, Stirling etc).

In addition I am 18, he would be 17, years of age. :)

Miyagi

Bushcrafter (boy, I've got a lot to say!)
Aug 6, 2008
South Queensferry
Morton Clay Shooting IIRC?

They are on the A71 south side, between the Lizzie Bryce roundabout at Livingston to the West and Kirknewton to the East.

No link to them etc., etc., I drive past their sign almost daily.

Liam

Doc

Need to contact Admin...
Nov 29, 2003
Perthshire
Cluny is very good - not the cheapest, but good facilities. They have a 10m air rifle range with pre-charged air rifles, and you can also get clay tuition.

At the Game Fair and other field sports fairs, you can usually get a session of clay targets with tuition from BASC. This is excellent as the instruction is the best you can get, and IIRC it's under a tenner. They also offer the 'safe shot' assessment ('show me how you'd cross a fence if your shotgun is currently loaded', 'remove the shotgun from the case and hand it to me' - it's just testing you unload before obstacles, and prove the gun empty, so it's quite easy) which costs about a fiver and gets you the wee badge.

At the Highland Field Sports fair you can also turn up and do .22 rimfire target shooting, clays, and even muzzleloaders.

I'm happy to take people I know along to Cluny to have a go on the clays with my own guns, so ask me about that if you're ever at a BCUK meet. For obvious reasons I can't do this with folks I've never met.

Settler
Aug 8, 2010
here
you can get gun hire at cluny though - or you used to anyway. unless you look like a maniac i dont see it being a problem.

BCUK Shop

We have a a number of knives, T-Shirts and other items for sale.

SHOP HERE