Shoot me a New Year recipe idea!

• Hey Guest, Early bird pricing on the Summer Moot (29th July - 10th August) available until April 6th, we'd love you to come. PLEASE CLICK HERE to early bird price and get more information.

susi

Nomad
Jul 23, 2008
Finland
So here is the scenario:

The Mrs and I will be at the cabin for a couple of days at New Year (=2 mouths)

Icefishing will be on the cards, but we will probably bring home what we catch, rather than eat it there. I want to take the ingredients with me.

I usually like to cook outdoors there (inside is an aga-type wood hob/oven, but it stinks the whole cabin out if you cook something tasty!), so I will have a small fire outside, complete with wire grill mesh. Frying pan is also available if required.

Temperature could be anything from -25°C as we had this week, to about zero, so nothing that takes hours is preferable :)

Usually I just BBQ some lamb chops or beef steaks, but as it is new year I want to do something a little bit different. Facilities are limited, no running water or electricity, but refrigeration is of course plentiful :)

Anyone recommend something?

Assuming temps aren't too cold to use the camera, I promise to take pics and post back here if something fits the bill! :)

Thanks for reading.

johnnytheboy

Native
Aug 21, 2007
Falkirk
jokesblogspot.blogspot.com
If you have a fire and a grill you can do anything you could do on the stove in the kitchen, if you take a wok, you could cut your fish into goujons and deep fry them in batter. Or get a duck take the bones out and do duck and hoisin sauce with pancakes, a little bit cucumber and spring onions to fill the pancakes. As a starter you could fry Prawns with butter garlic, lemon rind, rosemary and pepper, serve hot on cocktail sticks.

The possibilities are endless

BCUK Shop

We have a a number of knives, T-Shirts and other items for sale.

SHOP HERE