Shoot it or watch it time again.........

Shoot it or watch it????

• Shoot it

Votes: 17 29.8%
  • Watch it

Votes: 25 43.9%
  • Other, post below

Votes: 15 26.3%

• Total voters

JonnyP

Oct 17, 2005
Cornwall...
I can imagine how this one will go, but who knows ?
Would you rather shoot the pigeon or watch it............

dsc02611largeyo6.jpg

Snufkin

Bushcrafter (boy, I've got a lot to say!)
Oct 13, 2004
Norfolk
I posted other as I would do both. You can't effectively hunt a creature without studying it.

Toddy

Mod
Mod
Jan 21, 2005
S. Lanarkshire
Me too; the odd one or two in the garden are fun to watch, but en masse in agriculture they're a pest :rolleyes: besides one of my poacher friends takes them and uses them in the barter network, I may not eat them but HWMBLT likes them :D

Cheers,
Toddy

Ogri the trog

Mod
Mod
Apr 29, 2005
Mid Wales UK
Yup,
By all means study the habits, they enable you to become a more effective hunter.

Looks as though it has a bit of Bumblefoot infection, middle toe, left foot ;)

ATB

Ogri the trog

g4ghb

Sep 21, 2005
Wiltshire
I'd watch!

but thena again if i had a gun (and knew how to use it to be fair) I wouldn't be adverse to shooting it either!

quite happy to shoot it with a camera for the mo though (huge cop out i suppose!:eek: )

I voted watch but then again..........

sharp88

Settler
Aug 18, 2006
Kent
Snufkin said:
I posted other as I would do both. You can't effectively hunt a creature without studying it.

Great way to summerise it. I agree with this quote.

I think you have to have a certain degree of respect and admiration for Animals when your hunting them. Otherwise you'd mercilessly kill them all off, like a mate of mine.

Poacher

Tenderfoot
Aug 14, 2006
Kilgarvan, Co.Kerry. ROI
Well, i have to agree that they defo need watching but they do taste good!
With everything i shoot i do it in moderation and only 'take for the pot' to feed my family.
I enjoy the thrill of the hunt (especially when its not totally legal) but also enjoy just a wander in the woods and seeing the wildlife all around.

sharp88

Settler
Aug 18, 2006
Kent
I enjoy a fresh wild meal such as pidgeon, squirrel or rabbit on occaision, but il have to go with watching it. I'd agree there is a thrill of the hunt, but then again thats what I'd say when we were chasing down the fatboy at school :AR15firin .

leon-b

May 31, 2006
Who knows
yesturday i was down 'the pit' where we keep all the pheasants ready for the shoot, we made it a bit stronger and patched up the holes where the foxes get in, we should be shooting in about a month or so
leon

Sep 3, 2006
London
www.anothermass.com
Hum, for a bird I'd probably just watch, maybe a pheastant I'd shoot or other big bird - but if I had the chance i would love to go on a boar or dear hunt - but would like to have the right training etc. so that I wouldn't be taking the wrong ones, and so i would know how to go for quick clean kill.

BCUK Shop

We have a a number of knives, T-Shirts and other items for sale.

SHOP HERE