SHING / Rapidboy – Field knife

• Hey Guest, Early bird pricing on the Summer Moot (29th July - 10th August) available until April 6th, we'd love you to come. PLEASE CLICK HERE to early bird price and get more information.

rapidboy

Bushcrafter (boy, I've got a lot to say!)
Jun 14, 2004
BB
Blade by Shing

412_1224_1.jpg

Scales and sheath by me.

412_1233_1.jpg

412_1234_1.jpg

Scales are Coconut palm with red fibre spacer.

412_1236_1.jpg

Scary sharp convex grind is awsome.

412_1238_1.jpg

Great knife, just not getting used.

£75.00 + £5.00 RMSD

You must be over 18 to buy this knife

Cheque or Postal orders
Pay Pal + 5%

soa_uk

Forager
Jul 12, 2005
Highlands
I think Tony *might* cut a bit of slack, if you consider the vast amount of other stuff (not made) coming up for sale from the same source.... but who knows?

Stew

Bushcrafter through and through
Nov 29, 2003
Aylesbury
stewartjlight-knives.com
soa_uk said:
I think Tony *might* cut a bit of slack, if you consider the vast amount of other stuff (not made) coming up for sale from the same source.... but who knows?

but rules are rules.

:(

I don't really want to be an antagonist but what you're saying is if Dave just offered a few other bits for sale he could offer his work? It's bleedin' crazy!!

mojofilter

Nomad
Mar 14, 2004
bonnie scotland
I think it is more to do with the fact that Dave is not a full member, so cannot create a post in the classified section, and was offering his knife for sale in the "edged tools" forum ;)

I thought it was just traders that wern't allowed anyhoo? Someone making a few knives is not a trader :rolleyes:

mojofilter

Nomad
Mar 14, 2004
bonnie scotland
mojofilter said:
I think it is more to do with the fact that Dave is not a full member, so cannot create a post in the classified section, and was offering his knife for sale in the "edged tools" forum ;)

I thought it was just traders that wern't allowed anyhoo? Someone making a few knives is not a trader :rolleyes:

Lovely knife btw :)

Wayne

Mod
Mod
Dec 7, 2003
West Sussex
www.forestknights.co.uk
Nice knife Rapid boy. As usual your quality workmanship is outstanding.

I think the rules on commerical activity on here need to be clarified as it seems many members are confused.

Tony could you please issue your current views.;)

rapidboy

Jun 14, 2004
BB
I will remove the knife from sale until this is sorted.
I did not make the knife to sell it's just not getting used and i'd rather see it going to a good home rather than it gathering dust.

Wayne

Mod
Mod
Dec 7, 2003
West Sussex
www.forestknights.co.uk
rapidboy said:
I will remove the knife from sale until this is sorted.
I did not make the knife to sell it's just not getting used and i'd rather see it going to a good home rather than it gathering dust.

Sorry Rapidboy i didn't mean to imply that you were breaking any rules. i should have posted in the suggestions section.

rapidboy

Jun 14, 2004
BB
Wayne said:
Sorry Rapidboy i didn't mean to imply that you were breaking any rules. i should have posted in the suggestions section.

No worries Wayne ,I don't want to cause a problem and im sure a mod will be along shortly to sort it out.

I can sell what ever i want over on British Blades but i wanted to offer the guy's on here a first crack at them as we don't see as many knives coming up here as on BB .

rb

rapidboy

Jun 14, 2004
BB
I am not a professional knife maker or leather worker.

Shing made the blade and i added scales and made a sheath.

There is a big difference in selling a knife that was assembled for my own use which i then decide to sell almost a year later and a professional maker selling a product that has been manufactured specifically to sell.

It opens up the debate into selling items that have modified, customised or repaired.

rb

MagiKelly

Making memories since '67
Motorbike Man said:
This is absolutely no critiscm of RB whatsoever, but the rules have been clarified as far as I was aware and it was stated that makers could not sell at all on BCUK, other makers have had their knuckles rapped for it before.

I disagree. The clarification said that second hand goods can be sold. This is a second hand knife. The fact that RB made the handle is not relevant. He is selling of stuff he no longer wants. He is not making and selling items on here as a commercial activity.

Dave Farrant

Forager
Apr 16, 2003
Lancashire
Hi Rapidboy and all,
I will be sorting this out ASAP.
If anyone is interested in the knife PM Rapidboy.
In the meantime I will PM you Rapid and sort this out.

Dave Farrant

Forager
Apr 16, 2003
Lancashire
For clarification on the rules please read the Sticky Item at the head of the Classifieds. (Second item down.) "Please read" it says. This will give you Tony's stand, which if changed will change there.

:D

BCUK Shop

We have a a number of knives, T-Shirts and other items for sale.

SHOP HERE