shetland islands

Mar 21, 2011
lerwick, shetland
hi, i was wondering if anybody has ever been up to shetland, i live here and ive realised its an amazing place to practice this type of living. im not by any means wise to it, but ive always wanted to learn alot more.

IanM

Nomad
Oct 11, 2004
UK
One of my favourite places. Been to Up-Helle-Aa twice. Lost track of the total number of visits.

The second time I visited Sumburgh airport it was twice the size it was the first time I visited, it had two Portacabins! Now it is an international airport.

You make me jealous living there.

scottishwolf

Settler
Oct 22, 2006
Ayr
And there aint no trees lol. My girlfriend is from up there, we go up every summer for a few weeks to see family and stuff. Plenty to see and do and the new shetland museum in Lerwick is fantastic. Lots and lots of history and exploring to be done. Word of warning though, it's bloody bleak in the winter. The trout fishing however is free in any of the hundereds of lochs on the islands, and the fish are huge compared to wild mainland Scottish hill lochs.

Hi SY55-MKX,

I'm up here in Shetland and into bushcraft/foraging type stuff. Just planning a little project of my own over a year looking at what's where and when and sussing a few things out in a place with a few challenges. Fell free to get in touch.

Great place in all seasons :cool:

BCUK Shop

We have a a number of knives, T-Shirts and other items for sale.

SHOP HERE