sherwood pines

• Hey Guest, Early bird pricing on the Summer Moot (29th July - 10th August) available until April 6th, we'd love you to come. PLEASE CLICK HERE to early bird price and get more information.

trikey

Sep 7, 2004
nottingham
had a great day today, took the kids aged 6 and 10, both lads to sherwood pines in Nottingham and spent the day making dens letting them have a go with the knife and just wandering in the wood, they`re both running around now with the wooden swords they made, took the 1st aid kit as always but it stayed in the pocket, :D

jwmagee

Oct 10, 2004
Hayling Island
It's quite nice at Clumber (when the crowds aren't there). Plenty of Yew berries to eat, and there's always plenty of wood thats been cut laying around to take home and practice carving.

Ruffords also in that area. There are orienteering maps/routes available through all the above, that can be quite fun for you and the kids!

John

R-Bowskill

Forager
Sep 16, 2004
Norwich
The only thing I wouldn't reccomend letting kids do in the sherwood forest / clumber park area is dig or use a metal detector as it used to be a massive arms dump during the war. My dad cleared and demolished alot of the bunkers, are there still really good chestnut stands in clumber????

Scally

C.E.S.L Notts explorers
Oct 10, 2004
uk but want to emigrate to NZ
alot of chestnuts blew down in the big gails but there is still a fair few spotted around, i live within 5 miles of clumber, rufford and sherwood forest and pines lovely area.

Venger

Tenderfoot
May 30, 2005
Nottingham
Rufford is an excellent place to go - through out the year.
(Also, has a good spread of trees, rather than forestry land pines - a good place for false tinder fungus and free standing dead birch, as well as live ones :))

The Joker

Native
Sep 28, 2005
Surrey, Sussex uk
trikey said:
had a great day today, took the kids aged 6 and 10, both lads to sherwood pines in Nottingham and spent the day making dens letting them have a go with the knife and just wandering in the wood, they`re both running around now with the wooden swords they made, took the 1st aid kit as always but it stayed in the pocket, :D

Sounds like you had great fun.
Cant wait, my boy is nearly 3, few more years yet but looking forward to it :D

BCUK Shop

We have a a number of knives, T-Shirts and other items for sale.

SHOP HERE