sherwood forest-contacting the site

• Hey Guest, Early bird pricing on the Summer Moot (29th July - 10th August) available until April 6th, we'd love you to come. PLEASE CLICK HERE to early bird price and get more information.

Andy

Native
Dec 31, 2003
sheffield
www.freewebs.com
I'm trying to find the contact details of a scout camp which I've been to with the woodcraft folk. It's in sherwood forest. Does anyone have any links to sites wheer I could get contact details from. I tried google but it didn't really help

Andy

Native
Dec 31, 2003
sheffield
www.freewebs.com
That useful but I'm just trying to find out if some of us could use the scout camp site rather then doing a course. The course has a nottingham postcode so it could be handy for me though

bambodoggy

Bushcrafter (boy, I've got a lot to say!)
Nov 10, 2004
Surrey
www.stumpandgrind.co.uk
You could always drop an email to the local Scout district HQ and ask them...I'd imagine they'd have a list of all the local camp site's they own....

Just an idea.... :wink:

Snufkin

Bushcrafter (boy, I've got a lot to say!)
Oct 13, 2004
Norfolk
shinobi said:
What a great link. cheers Snufkin. :You_Rock_

I've found that these sites are far more tolerant of Basha camping and will have an area where you can have an open fire. Perfect if you're not in an area where wild camping is allowed.

Martin
Can't take credit for the link, Ranger Bob posted it on the East Anglia meet up thread, it is a great link though.

falcon

Aug 27, 2004
Shropshire
The site at Beaudesert near Cannock Chase looks good and permits "backwoods" camping according to the spiel. Wonder if the Scout Association would allow use for a future Meet Up?

Scally

C.E.S.L Notts explorers
Oct 10, 2004
uk but want to emigrate to NZ
i posted a message last week in the social section I have just had a chat with a nice young man

and yes the site in question is walesby both used by sherwood survival school and others i have been associated with the site as crew and sherwood survival for many many years and the management commitee are looking into a possible meet up by bcuk unfortunalty no ground fires due to the peat but plenty of alters and its 250 acres of prime land if there is a demand i think they will go for it of season and if anyone drops in let me know has i only live 5 mins from site GREAT PLAYGROUND
any more info i will try and help

make some noise if you want a midland meet up and i will see what we can dooooooooooo!!!!!

BCUK Shop

We have a a number of knives, T-Shirts and other items for sale.

SHOP HERE