sheepskins

• Hey Guest, Early bird pricing on the Summer Moot (29th July - 10th August) available until April 6th, we'd love you to come. PLEASE CLICK HERE to early bird price and get more information.

h2o

Settler
Oct 1, 2007
ribble valley
my local butcher is selling sheepskins,what is the going rate for a sheepskin,and does anyone want me to buy one for them im going to walk past sometime this week and ask cos i may get myself one for xmas if theyre not to expensive.

Greg

Jul 16, 2006
Pembrokeshire
you can pick up a ready cured and silicone backed sheep skin from anything between £20 & £60 (What I have come across anyway!) depending on the size, thickness and condition.

I hope this is of use.

Jembly/Sloth

Dec 6, 2007
Appledore, Kent
Depends on:
Size
Sheep breed,
Quality.
Skye Skins sells some lovely sheep skins but at a price! I think £30ish is their cheapest upto £75 for Jacobs and Icelandic, which are, I admit impressive. They'll also stitch as many as 12 together so if you want a small tipi covering, ala; Plains Indians in sheepskin check it out, but again cost is prohibitive.

If cheap and uncured I gather they are fairly simple to cure if somewhat time consuming. I'd be interested to know a few more details!

John Fenna

Lifetime Member & Maker
Oct 7, 2006
Pembrokeshire
Got second hand at a car boot for £30 - but then I also managed to get 3 reindeer hides for £100 a while back...lucky me!

h2o

Settler
Oct 1, 2007
ribble valley
£45 folks but then ill have too add postage on top of that id have to weight one to find out a postal price but i figure theyre quite heavy so around £10 at a rough guess.just spoke to one of the lads who works for the butcher may get a small discount for bulk buying but it would nt be that much cos they dont make much money on them anyway.they also sell em in different colours ,dyed but i dont know if they would run if used outside in the rain

Greg

Jul 16, 2006
Pembrokeshire
£45 folks but then ill have too add postage on top of that id have to weight one to find out a postal price but i figure theyre quite heavy so around £10 at a rough guess.just spoke to one of the lads who works for the butcher may get a small discount for bulk buying but it would nt be that much cos they dont make much money on them anyway.they also sell em in different colours ,dyed but i dont know if they would run if used outside in the rain
Thats a bit steep mate you can go to IKEA and get two decent thick ones for £50 thats what I did!
Sow them together and you have a good length for your sleeping arrangements.

BCUK Shop

We have a a number of knives, T-Shirts and other items for sale.

SHOP HERE