Sheath with Different type of firesteel loop

• Hey Guest, Early bird pricing on the Summer Moot (29th July - 10th August) available until April 6th, we'd love you to come. PLEASE CLICK HERE to early bird price and get more information.

Shinken

Native
Nov 4, 2005
cambs
Well It may not be that different but ive never seen one attatched to the belt loop before!

What do you think? bad idea?

CIMG3065.jpg

[HIDE]
CIMG3066.jpg
[/HIDE]
[HIDE]
CIMG3067.jpg
[/HIDE]
[HIDE]
CIMG3068.jpg
[/HIDE]
[HIDE]
CIMG3069.jpg
[/HIDE]
[HIDE]
CIMG3070.jpg
[/HIDE]

Longstrider

Settler
Sep 6, 2005
South Northants
Quite a neat idea Shinken, and good clean work as usual. ;)
One thought that I had on this is why not fold the loop in the other direction, tucking the end under the main tab to keep things a little neater and thereby keeping the leather skin-side outside (like Hiawathas moccasins).
Just a thought. Other than that I can see no reason not to have the ferro rod loop there.

Shinken

Native
Nov 4, 2005
cambs
I had thought of that and might do it on another sheath. This way the firesteel is further from the sheath and the handle wont rub against it. Thats why i did it this way.

But of course it would look asthetically better the other way

May 25, 2006
Canada
www.freewebs.com
Longstrider said:
Quite a neat idea Shinken, and good clean work as usual. ;)
One thought that I had on this is why not fold the loop in the other direction, tucking the end under the main tab to keep things a little neater and thereby keeping the leather skin-side outside (like Hiawathas moccasins).
Just a thought. Other than that I can see no reason not to have the ferro rod loop there.

My reserve has Moccasins? :p

BCUK Shop

We have a a number of knives, T-Shirts and other items for sale.

SHOP HERE