Sheath for Scottish Dirk

Dreadhead

Bushcrafter through and through
My dirk has nearly killed me twice. first time i dropped it intae the back of my knee and it missed the tendon by a mil and left me limping for months. second time it fell out of its crappy sheath and nearly took my big toe off. so decided its time for a new sheath! :swordfigh

used pre dyed veg tan leather and came up with my own simple suspension design. i also made the sporran in the pictures. terrible quality as im using my phone

imag0630t.jpg

By wanderingpict at 2012-03-10
imag0631r.jpg

imag0632e.jpg

imag0634q.jpg

imag0638a.jpg

badass angel guardian of my land...and most likely very offensive tae the person interred beneath her.

EDIT: some brighter pictures.

imag0652u.jpg

By wanderingpict at 2012-03-11
imag0655p.jpg

imag0660y.jpg

incase anyone is curious about the big chunky dee rings i used, i took them off a belt you get free with alot of mens cheap trousers. found a load of the useless belts so cut them up for the rings.

Thanks for looking. Hamish

Last edited:

Dreadhead

cheers for the kind comments.

Tis just perfect for behind a targe Rob :p nae ideal for dropping intae your leg though! :lmao:

will take some better pictures at somepoint when iv got a bit more sunshine and the missus is up with a proper camera

Hamish

Dreadhead

thanks folks appreciate the kindness

have added a few better pictures. shows the sporran can be worn over the dirk and works even in shabby clothes! :D

currently making a sgian dubh sheath tae match. hopefully it works out.

Last edited:

BCUK Shop

We have a a number of knives, T-Shirts and other items for sale.

SHOP HERE