Sheath for an old sheffield Bowie

brancho

Bushcrafter (boy, I've got a lot to say!)
Feb 20, 2007
Whitehaven Cumbria
I was asked by a gut to make a sheath for his old Sheffield Bowie so here it is. He has had this knife since he was a kid when he was a Scout and is now a Scout Leader and wants to use it again it has lovely edge on it and its a 5.5 inch blade.

After making this I want to make a Bowie.

4777846612_e333ab6903_b.jpg

4777848238_a3694e5aba_b.jpg

4777216351_83c4108a77_b.jpg

Biker

Is that deer antler pommel a standard fitting? I have one of those, at least similar to it with that same type of handle and it has a aluminium pommel. I also have the dagger version of this which I bought when I was young and stupid. Total usless piece of cutlery it is, unless you're a commando of course. Might grind it up and use the blade as a whittler somehow.

Nice piece of "old school" workmanship there Alf. Nice job.

bushcraftbob

Settler
Jun 1, 2007
Oxfordshire
Nice work! I've got a few in progress and will post when i've finished. I have walking stick making one of the most addictive things I have ever done! The time just flys by when you are carving and sanding and oiling, VERY satisfying!

addo

Feb 8, 2006
Derbyshire
Looking great Alf, like the thread/leather colours.
I've just repaired a sheath very similar for a German type Bowie.
Similar story as the owner was a scout and it was his fellow scout mate's for years before. Nice to patch it up and keep it going for him as he was well chuffed.

brancho

Feb 20, 2007
Whitehaven Cumbria
Thanks for the comments Addo

Nice to patch it up and keep it going for him as he was well chuffed.

I agree and its such a nice knife that I fancy one for myself and it has a good edge on it

I think will make one from one of THESE blades

Last edited:

BCUK Shop

We have a a number of knives, T-Shirts and other items for sale.

SHOP HERE