sheath for a frost mora clipper

• Hey Guest, Early bird pricing on the Summer Moot (29th July - 10th August) available until April 6th, we'd love you to come. PLEASE CLICK HERE to early bird price and get more information.

leon-1

scruff said:
Well thats a certainly very nice prototype. I particularly like the fact it isn't wet formed

:approve:

Well it has potential, there may have to be a couple of minimal changes, but essentialy it will remain a friction fit.

I have been thinking that you could use the D-ring on it if you wished to use it for neck carry.

Sorry leon-b I am not trying to steal your thread:eek:

leon-1

SMARTY said:
I found that a small hole in the bottom of the sheath stopped the water collecting.

That has been thought of on this one, the insert between the walls of the sheath leaves a little gap at the tip for water drainage. I'll try to get a few more pics of it if I can and post them when available.

miniac

Forager
Sep 1, 2005
Rainham, Essex, UK
I changed the plastic sheath for a leather one of evilbay as soon as I could!! I found the plastic one to be a bit slack in holdin the knife and the loop thingy was stickin in my belly when worn on a belt :eek:

No worries though my mora is my training knife and as I have a bearclaw field knife on order ( not a numbered one ) I have plenty of time to get the most out of a leather sheath that cost £17.99.

spamel

Banned
Feb 15, 2005
Silkstone, Blighty!
leon-1 said:
Leon, what are you looking for, something along these lines
frosts9ya.jpg

I know this isn't the clipper, but I haven't got pictures of the one for the clipper, it is basically identical though:)

How much is it going to retail for Leon? It looks very nice, and I like the loop, it reminds me of my dads' Western Bowie which has the same idea on its' sheath.

I have that exact knife and I have modified the original plastic sheath by cutting off that horrid loop and then, using paracord, I tied a turks head around the sheath. I left long ends and put two holes through the sheath at the top rear, the two ends of the paracord went through and formed a loop. This goes on my belt, or I can neck tie if I want. But it's still horrid!

Any idea when the shop will be up and running? I could do with a BCUK badge or two aswell!!

fred gordon

Bushcrafter (boy, I've got a lot to say!)
Mar 8, 2006
Aberdeenshire
Spamel,
I agree with you. I have the same knife but hate the sheath. I was about to have a go at a birch version of a sheath but I like the look of this leather one. So, how much and when please?

leon-1

Hi guys, Tony is working very hard to get the shop up and running as soon as he can (you'll probably be looking at 3 months).

The cost has yet to be sorted out (it isn't a done deal that this one will be stocked yet), but as soon as something is known I'll let you know.

BCUK Shop

We have a a number of knives, T-Shirts and other items for sale.

SHOP HERE