Shaving my beard with a Mora

• Hey Guest, Early bird pricing on the Summer Moot (29th July - 10th August) available until April 6th, we'd love you to come. PLEASE CLICK HERE to early bird price and get more information.

Gcckoka

Settler
Nov 13, 2015
Georgia
I had this obsession of shaving with my knife since I was a very young child , now at last I had the opportunity to make my knife that sharp so I did it and filmed a video while making it :) Hope you guys enjoy it, plus the hd is quite thick , if I used a thinner blade it would be better but this is the sharpest knife I have.
Kids dont try this at home or you may end up with one ear or something :lmao:

[video=youtube;OGtDjMfmiEE]https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=OGtDjMfmiEE[/video]

Alreetmiowdmuka

Apr 24, 2013
Bolton
Got to hand it to you.you executed that well.no way I would attempt it.should of boiled up a shemagh for the full budhcraft steam wrap

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

John Fenna

Lifetime Member & Maker
Oct 7, 2006
Pembrokeshire
Nicely done!
I would try the same - but my beard has blunted lightsabers and lasers in the past so would not risk my bushcraft knife :)

oldtimer

Sep 27, 2005
Oxfordshire and Pyrenees-Orientales, France
I did this once for a week with a William Rodgers hunting knife because I had mislaid my razor while on a trek. This was years ago and have had a beard for donkeys years. I still have the knife but haven't owned a razor for more than 40 years.

Gcckoka

Settler
Nov 13, 2015
Georgia
Thank you very much guys ! Yeah it was a lot of fun and glad I didn't end up with half face :D

It was not snagging at all ! The biggest problem was that I haven't shaved for 5-6 months only trim and my face was not used to shave , mustache and chin was very very tricky it tickled a lot on the mustache and didn't cut that well the chin, had to finish it at home with a razor

BCUK Shop

We have a a number of knives, T-Shirts and other items for sale.

SHOP HERE