Shaving kit

• Hey Guest, Early bird pricing on the Summer Moot (29th July - 10th August) available until April 6th, we'd love you to come. PLEASE CLICK HERE to early bird price and get more information.

Tonyuk

Settler
Nov 30, 2011
Scotland
Out and about i use disposable double bladed BIC razors with shave oil from asda.

At Home its a mach 3 with gillete standard foam.

Nothing fancy but it works very well and is quick,

Tonyuk

C_Claycomb

Moderator staff
Mod
Oct 6, 2003
Bedfordshire
I have a beard, but I find it itchy if I don't shave my neck/throat. In the field I use a cut down Gillette Sensor Excel, they used to sell the heads in their own individual plastic guards. Tried shaving oil, didn't work for me and worse, when in the field and shaving without lots of hot water, the mess of hairs and oil clogs the razor. I use a 35mm film pot with some shaving gel. Half a pot does me for 3 weeks plus. Light, compact and works for me even with cold water.

baggins

Apr 20, 2005
Coventry (and surveying trees uk wide)
home and away, i use a straight blade. at home i have a lovely Dovo blade and in my travel kit i have a Horstein Blade (smaller and in a decent case). i also have a small travel brush and a screw lid jar of soap and a small double strop. saying that, i only shave every 3 days or so (or whenever my good lady starts complaining, lol). But, when I'm not in a rush, there is nothing nicer than a nice shave, in the fresh air and sunshine.

nicksteele1990

Tenderfoot
Sep 21, 2016
Cheshire
in respect for a woman answering, hell I don't care, if it has something to add! :)

As for currently. I am looking at a shavette, something I can fit a small blade into, and in an emergency can be used as a knife also without breaking my straight razor.

I use a shavette at home, purely for the ease of maintenance - each DE blade gives 2 usable cutting edges, and they're cheap and easy to replace. I like the quality of shave it gives (not that my beard grows particularly thick, fast, or with much coverage :( )

I wouldn't recommend using a razor that thin even for very light knife duties - the edge really isn't very durable. At least you don't have to worry about sharpening though.

Trotsky

I'm with Leshy and John on this one, I don't shave when I'm at home so i'm not carting that faff out with me. The most I usually do is run a beard trimmer over my neck on occasion.
If I were to shave on camp however, I would dig out my old safety razor, a small container of olive oil and a flannel (or microfibre dish cloth), then so long as I have a fire to get some hot water I could shave.

Janne

Sent off - Not allowed to play
Feb 10, 2016
Grand Cayman, Norway, Sweden
Locally it is very popular for guys to have laser treatment on the face ( and elsewhere) to get rid of the hair. A friend (MD) has a Medical Spa and he told me that a large % of the clients for hair removal are men.
Not me though, I like my afternoon shadow!

demographic

Bushcrafter (boy, I've got a lot to say!)
Apr 15, 2005
-------------
I have a Gillette Slim Adjustable double edged safety razor that my wife bought me.
Nice thing, made in the mid 60s and the razor is OK too.
Bombed those cartridge razors off a few years ago as they cost a fortune in blades and to be honest I just didn't like them. Never liked the idea of paying a footballers sponsorship money and being told how to shave by someone half my age.

Bought a hundred Astra blades off Amazon and am working my way through them slowly with Poraso shaving soap off Amazon.

I shave my head on the 5 setting (not too aggressive cos I can't see the back) and my chin with the 9 (more aggressive setting).

Jan 9, 2017
London
For home and family visits/holidays I use

Gillette NEW Long Comb
Thater 4125/1
P.160 soap
Thayers

For holiday

Bic 1 sensitive and Kiss My Face Cream.

Razor is ok but not as good as Gillette

mousey

Bushcrafter (boy, I've got a lot to say!)
Jun 15, 2010
NE Scotland

My favourite Beardy picture:-

beard-etiquette_zpsdd5cce27.jpg

BCUK Shop

We have a a number of knives, T-Shirts and other items for sale.

SHOP HERE