Sewing machine issue

ozzy1977

Jan 10, 2006
Henley
I have a Singer 95-1, from 1916 which works almost perfectly apart from the silly thing only uses half of the bobbin thread before it stops sewing, this was known by the last owner as all the supplies bobbins are half full of odd thread. While this isn't a major issue as the machine sews perfectly, it is an annoyance, I have had a good google and drawn a blank.

Cheers

Chris

Macaroon

A bemused & bewildered
Jan 5, 2013
SE Wales
I have no experience with this machine, but that problem sounds very much like bobbin tension to me; I'd get the handbook out, or search for one online, and adjust from that. Bobbin tension is something that many find difficult to get a "feel" for, but I've found it easy enough on those machines I have done, just take it slowly and not without the book.

ozzy1977

Jan 10, 2006
Henley
I did think of tension but what I cant work out is why it works faultlessly, then stops pulling from the bobbin when it's half empty.

david1

Nomad
Mar 3, 2006
sussex
if it stops picking up the bottom thread the tension has got tighter and the timing is off enough to stop it catching on the shuttle point. you might want to call in the service man ?

BCUK Shop

We have a a number of knives, T-Shirts and other items for sale.

SHOP HERE