Sewing kit

SCOMAN

Life Member
Dec 31, 2005
Perthshire
Not at all I planted a seed, as always it's interesting to see what others have/do. I'm having an on the bone bit of bambi for Sunday dinner and I do like the little bone sewing kit.

Melonfish

Bushcrafter (boy, I've got a lot to say!)
Jan 8, 2009
Warrington, UK
you know i was considering one of those small "housewife" kits you can get online but seeing these i may just make my own, i have my own sewing and project box at home with all the reletive gubbins needed to mend any broken bits. the wife can cross stitch and thats about it. i do all the repair work :D
think i'll put one together :D

Nov 29, 2004
Scotland
"...Add to the reason given above that they preferred to hang things on their belts where they were readily available..."

That preference can still be seen today, I have seen a few folk who are out and about in Northern Sweden looping a caribbener around their belt and using that to hang mittens and such from.

An added advantage to hanging things of your belt is that if you plan to sleep in your clothes (which I'm presuming the sami do from time to time) then it is easier to remove a belt of gear and hang it nearby than it is to rifle through all your pockets before bedding down. :)

Last edited:

BCUK Shop

We have a a number of knives, T-Shirts and other items for sale.

SHOP HERE