Sewing canvas

• Hey Guest, Early bird pricing on the Summer Moot (29th July - 10th August) available until April 6th, we'd love you to come. PLEASE CLICK HERE to early bird price and get more information.

Navek

Forager
May 25, 2015
South
I have a sewing machine here made by Toyota . I was wondering how thick of canvas I can sew on it . It will happily and easily sew through 4 Mm veg tan leather and its easily sewn through 5 layers of jeans . Cheers ... sorry if this in wrong section

Mesquite

It is what it is.
Mar 5, 2008
~Hemel Hempstead~
By thickness do you mean layers or weight? It would also help if you tell us the model sewing machine you've got as well

If you can do 4mm veg tan and 5 layers of denim then you shouldn't have any trouble with any weight canvas

Navek

Forager
May 25, 2015
South
Hi it’s a Toyota sewing rs2000 sewing machine that’s all I know . I had it given me as a the person wasn’t using it any more .. yes sorry I didn’t explain that too well..I was wondering if I could sew 2 layers of 15 oz canvas so I could makes bags jackets ect ect .. and yes the veg tan is 4 mm thick (10z leather ) I sewed on piece of denim to. The leathe4 and it didn’t skip a beat ..I then sewed 5 layers of denim and it too was flawless

Cheers

BCUK Shop

We have a a number of knives, T-Shirts and other items for sale.

SHOP HERE