Seriously tasty...

• Hey Guest, Early bird pricing on the Summer Moot (29th July - 10th August) available until April 6th, we'd love you to come. PLEASE CLICK HERE to early bird price and get more information.

shaggystu

Bushcrafter (boy, I've got a lot to say!)
Nov 10, 2003
Derbyshire
i guess i'm about to be burned for heresy at the very least, but that's one damn fugly knife. maybe i'm missing something but i really can't see the appeal :dunno:

stuart

Robbi

Mar 1, 2009
northern ireland
robbi rushes around trying to find wood to burn Shaggystu, hide his credit card and dribbling at the same time !!

it's all gonna end in another folder guys !!

Mesquite

It is what it is.
Mar 5, 2008
~Hemel Hempstead~
i guess i'm about to be burned for heresy at the very least, but that's one damn fugly knife. maybe i'm missing something but i really can't see the appeal :dunno:

stuart

th143cca4e.gif

shaggystu

Nov 10, 2003
Derbyshire
lol. thought so, honestly though guys, that really is fugly. did they stop at 8 (count them, that's eight!) screws in each side because there's just no way of fitting any more on there or is there another reason? there seems to be a choice of two handle styles, one with bolsters and scales that fit and one without bolsters but with scales that aren't quite big enough - what's that all about then?

i'd agree that the blade's a nice shape, i'll give you that.

cheers

stuart (hiding from the posse)

shaggystu

Nov 10, 2003
Derbyshire
The top and bottom ones maybe but the middle one is a sweetie

i guess we agree about the bolsters then shewie. i don't see the ones without bolsters be at all comfortable to use though, the scales don't quite reach to the edges of the liners, that's got to rub hasn't it?

stuart

Shewie

Mod
Mod
Dec 15, 2005
Yorkshire
i guess we agree about the bolsters then shewie. i don't see the ones without bolsters be at all comfortable to use though, the scales don't quite reach to the edges of the liners, that's got to rub hasn't it?

stuart

Yeah possibly, maybe if the steel edges are rounded it might be okay ? I suppose a folder isn't so much of a heavy user but more something you grab out of your pocket when you find something you need to cut.

I'd like to see one in the flesh before I buy one I reckon, looks pretty though :) ...

stabcurlyd2.jpg

shaggystu

Nov 10, 2003
Derbyshire
Yeah possibly, maybe if the steel edges are rounded it might be okay ? I suppose a folder isn't so much of a heavy user but more something you grab out of your pocket when you find something you need to cut....

personally i think that even with nicely rounded off steel it'd still cause hot spots on your hands if you used it for any length of time.....which you addressed already, if it's just something sharp for cutting a bit of string or similar then comfort isn't an issue at all, but if it is just for that kind of job then i think that there's all sorts of other limitations to this design. the blade is a "bushcraft" style blade, it's 75mm long and 3mm thick (20%thicker than a mora), to my mind that's a blade that's designed for fairly heavy use. 95g is a fair old bit of weight to have in your pocket just for odd jobs, it'd be a reasonable weight for a tool designed to do a specific job but i don't think that this knife is designed to do a specific job, i think it's designed as an all round bushcrafter, which includes lots of....erm....crafting. crafting such as whittling (probably not comfortable enough for that), food prep (a bit thick for that), game prep (hardly anyone likes to use a folder for game prep, the handle ends up full of blood and gunk), splitting firewood (i think it'd actually be pretty good at that, but lots of people won't use a folder for battoning because they think they'll damage the mechanism) etc. i guess my problem with this knife is that i tend to see lots of beauty in most functional objects and i just can't work out what this knife's for so i don't see the beauty.

these are all just my uneducated thoughts on the subject, i hope no-one takes offence.
if this is the knife for you then go out and buy one and i hope that it works perfectly for you and brings you lots of pleasure, sincerely.

cheers

stuart

BCUK Shop

We have a a number of knives, T-Shirts and other items for sale.

SHOP HERE