Septembers Endeavours.

• Hey Guest, Early bird pricing on the Summer Moot (29th July - 10th August) available until April 6th, we'd love you to come. PLEASE CLICK HERE to early bird price and get more information.

Mick721

Oct 29, 2012
Sunderland
Never been a fan of damasteel but that is a cracker. No where near as beautiful as that reindeer antler though. Absolutely stunning. Methinks I'll have to save up for a little commission of my own.

Hibrion

Maker
Jan 11, 2012
Ireland
Nice work, Mark. I really like those bigger blades. They remind me of a modern twist on a traditional 'trade knife.' I've been reading fascinated by 18th-19h century kit for a long time and think so much of it is still really practical. Would you be interested in making a traditional trade knife style blade by any chance?

HillBill

Bushcrafter through and through
Oct 1, 2008
W. Yorkshire
Some very tasty knives there, I'd be pleased to see any one of them drop through my letterbox! (oh hell, shouldn't have said that last bit!)..................................atb mac
Cheers Mac :)
Beautiful work as always.
Thanks mate :)
Very clean mate! :)

Those dyed and stabilised scales on the first one really do look cool. What other colours have you got in stock?

Any news on my blade? ;)
Cheers Sam :) No more of the wood in stock, it was bought in from Brisa for this particular knife... i made it for Rachael, she likes purple lol. Nothing on the blade yet mate, have patience. :) I need a new platen for my grinder before i can do much else, this one has had something fall on it and it has a dent in it.
Excellent work as always. :)
Cheers mate :)
Wow they're all very nice! Particularly like the maple burl and the yew, both of which were just stunning. Very nice work as always :)
Those are beautiful knives, really something. I am envious of your skills, really would like to be able to do something like that myself. I'd say well done but that just sounds silly. So I'll say bravo instead :)
Thanks mate :) Anyone can learn how it to do it... you just trade the skills for some of your time and effort ( then only real currency on the planet ;)) :)

Those are beauties, Mark :D
Going to be some very happy people :cool:

atb,
Toddy
Thanks Mary :)

Stunning but I expected nothing less. Not seen Damasteel from you before. Wow. Just Wow.

Cheers mate :) I have used damasteel before, i did a hunter in it for a mate, i have a hunter blade in damasteel here waiting for a handle and i also have a small damasteel stick tang carver here, which, again, needs a handle :)

I like the look of the antler handled one.
Those PNK's look useful too
Cheers Sam :)

Never been a fan of damasteel but that is a cracker. No where near as beautiful as that reindeer antler though. Absolutely stunning. Methinks I'll have to save up for a little commission of my own.

Thanks Mick :)

Dear Santa.......
:D Cheers mate. :)

must start saving.................

Nice work, Mark. I really like those bigger blades. They remind me of a modern twist on a traditional 'trade knife.' I've been reading fascinated by 18th-19h century kit for a long time and think so much of it is still really practical. Would you be interested in making a traditional trade knife style blade by any chance?

Cheers mate. :) Yeah i'm willing to have a pop at anything, drop me a PM if you want to discuss it :)

Albus Culter

Maker
Jan 14, 2013
West Yorkshire
Ooow, carver with stick tang.

That a commission? Got a pic?

Do I really want to ask those questions? What if it's stunning and has no home :sadwavey:

I may be in trouble here

Cheers mate :) I have used damasteel before, i did a hunter in it for a mate, i have a hunter blade in damasteel here waiting for a handle and i also have a small damasteel stick tang carver here, which, again, needs a handle

HillBill

Oct 1, 2008
W. Yorkshire
Its not a commission, neither is the hunter. :) They will probably be put up for sale, both will be having reindeer antler handles i think.

I'll sort a pic tomorrow, though the blades have been heat treated they haven't been cleaned up/finished off yet.
Ooow, carver with stick tang.

That a commission? Got a pic?

Do I really want to ask those questions? What if it's stunning and has no home :sadwavey:

I may be in trouble here

Albus Culter

Maker
Jan 14, 2013
West Yorkshire
Oh poop,

I've always fancied a damasteel but would probably just go for a blade and handle it myself. I'm going to regret this,,,,,,,,

So what's a carver blade cost ???

:eek:

Its not a commission, neither is the hunter. :) They will probably be put up for sale, both will be having reindeer antler handles i think.

I'll sort a pic tomorrow, though the blades have been heat treated they haven't been cleaned up/finished off yet.

HillBill

Oct 1, 2008
W. Yorkshire
Love the yew one!
Thanks mate :)

Oh poop,

I've always fancied a damasteel but would probably just go for a blade and handle it myself. I'm going to regret this,,,,,,,,

So what's a carver blade cost ???

:eek:

Tbh mate, i'm not sure. I'm planning on handling this one myself. If i was to make one for someone, i would have to see how much the steel would cost as i bought a 500mm length of this stuff, which cost about £200 iirc, All gone now though.

Albus Culter

Maker
Jan 14, 2013
West Yorkshire
I look forward to seeing the finished knife :)

It will be stunning as always.

Tbh mate, i'm not sure. I'm planning on handling this one myself. If i was to make one for someone, i would have to see how much the steel would cost as i bought a 500mm length of this stuff, which cost about £200 iirc, All gone now though.

Hibrion

Maker
Jan 11, 2012
Ireland
Nice to see that the tang is damasteel too. Seems a lot of makers just weld on a cheaper steel for a hidden tang.

HillBill

Oct 1, 2008
W. Yorkshire
They do? I can see the sense in it though, given the price of the steel. Its a lot of wasted damasteel on a full tang knife too, i have one here and it is a shame to bury half the blade under the handle.

Nice to see that the tang is damasteel too. Seems a lot of makers just weld on a cheaper steel for a hidden tang.

Hibrion

Maker
Jan 11, 2012
Ireland
Yeah, from my experience it's more or less the norm to weld on a cheaper hidden tang. I have a beautiful hunter done that way and it seems plenty strong, but it can only be a good thing to have it all damasteel.

Albus Culter

Maker
Jan 14, 2013
West Yorkshire
Nah rubbish

I must say its rubbish or I will want one

Willpower failing

Stuff it, want one. Could you do a blade like the Mora 160 carver? They are quite slim and you may get a few from one bar? That would sell. Well at least one to this chap ;)

HillBill

Oct 1, 2008
W. Yorkshire
yeah i could make a blade like that... no problem :) Drop me a PM if you want something mate. :)

Nah rubbish

I must say its rubbish or I will want one

Willpower failing

Stuff it, want one. Could you do a blade like the Mora 160 carver? They are quite slim and you may get a few from one bar? That would sell. Well at least one to this chap ;)

BCUK Shop

We have a a number of knives, T-Shirts and other items for sale.

SHOP HERE