Selling off the stockpile. Should I?..

• Hey Guest, Early bird pricing on the Summer Moot (29th July - 10th August) available until April 6th, we'd love you to come. PLEASE CLICK HERE to early bird price and get more information.

resnikov

Bushcrafter (boy, I've got a lot to say!)
My biggest dilemma at the moment is I'm holding on to gear just in case my kids need one if they come along with me - dupes and spares. However I think I'm going to standardise on 2 systems. A one person system and a 2 person system. Then I can combine the 2 to take both boys with me. Anything else will get sold off.

A thread will be born shortly. Start saving.

M

Your better half will be happy with the extra space and the extra cash :p

Sent from my GT-I9300 using Tapatalk HD

Swallow

Native
May 27, 2011
London
My biggest dilemma at the moment is I'm holding on to gear just in case my kids need one if they come along with me - dupes and spares. However I think I'm going to standardise on 2 systems. A one person system and a 2 person system. Then I can combine the 2 to take both boys with me. Anything else will get sold off.

M

There you go. Certainty from the inside.

Dark Horse Dave

Apr 5, 2007
Surrey / South West London

M

I'm in a similar boat, and that simple idea of two systems strikes me as genius!

presterjohn

Settler
Apr 13, 2011
United Kingdom

M

That sounds like something I should be doing. The question is though which of my bits and pieces do I keep and which do I flog for a heartbreaking loss?

ex-member BareThrills

Bushcrafter (boy, I've got a lot to say!)
Dec 5, 2011
United Kingdom
Here's the thing. Im a bit of a magpie. A bit of a hoarder. I tend to acquire gear on "what if" scenarios. Consequently over the last 2 or 3 years I've ammased quite a lot of good kit but it seldom gets used.

Soooo thinking of selling a lot of it off. I figure it may be good for the soul as well as the bank balance. However also worried i'll regret it.

Anyone else done the same? Any regrets?

Cheers

Mike

Im exactly the same with big magpie tendencies. The one good thing is if i want something new i sell off kit to pay for it. I say do it but make sure you spend the proceeds and not Mrs Mountain :D

BCUK Shop

We have a a number of knives, T-Shirts and other items for sale.

SHOP HERE