Selk Sleeping bag

• Hey Guest, Early bird pricing on the Summer Moot (29th July - 10th August) available until April 6th, we'd love you to come. PLEASE CLICK HERE to early bird price and get more information.

Zammo

Settler
Jul 29, 2006
London
So is anyone planning to get one of these. :lmao:

selbagvar_lg.jpg

http://www.iwantoneofthose.com/selk-bags/index.html

andy_e

Native
Aug 22, 2007
Scotland
I think Nanok have a jacket and trouser set similar to what you describe, Crowe.

John, I'm saying nothing, except there are some who might describe you as 'experienced' :D

Toddy

Mod
Mod
Jan 21, 2005
S. Lanarkshire
One of my friends has one from the 70's and he swears it's the best thing since sliced bread.
He gets into it nice and toasty and hangs about a bit before bed, slips his boots off, pulls the elastic ankle cuff bits down so his feet are covered, puts the hood up, and then he goes either under a tarp or into a bivvi bag for the night.
If he does need to get up he's still warm and it's easy to go back to sleep.
In the morning he just gets up and footers around making breakfast before he gets himself dressed for the day.
His is cotton covered though so safer near fire.

I don't fancy those dayglo coloured ones much :eek:

cheers,
Toddy

verloc

Settler
Jun 2, 2008
East Lothian, Scotland
Personally I think it looks like all the fruit pastilles in a packet have grown arms and legs and escaped.

I normally don't care what people think of me but in this case I believe I would.

Mind you that could have something to do with me in one of those and the size of my belly I would like a very well insulated hot water tank.

John Fenna

Lifetime Member & Maker
Oct 7, 2006
Pembrokeshire
I just had a horrid picture then of someone in one of those overgrown rompersuits in an inflatable canoe.......:eek:
Canoes are not inflatable - inflatables are inflatable, canoes are ....canoes!:D

h2o

Settler
Oct 1, 2007
ribble valley
I wouldnt have one give me!!! nearly 2 kilos in weight and only good to -8. Weight to warmth ratio is rubbish.
And everyone will make fun of you!!!

BCUK Shop

We have a a number of knives, T-Shirts and other items for sale.

SHOP HERE