SELK Bags

Ogri the trog

Mod
Mod
Apr 29, 2005
Mid Wales UK
I think they have been discussed before and labelled a bit of a gimmick.
I have no experience of them, but like mittens are warmer than gloves - I would guess that they're OK for home use but not for the serious bushy.
When sleeping in a hammock, the difference between the insulation being inside the hammock and outside it, has to be experienced to be believed - hence I doubt they'd be all that good compared to a decent underquilt.

ATB

Ogri the trog

happybonzo

Tenderfoot
Dec 17, 2005
Nr Emsworth, Hants
Rab do something similar but the Rab suit has strategic zips and flaps for when Nature calls. The Selk thing would mean striping the damn thing off completely not something you want to do when its seriously cold

The Cumbrian

Nov 10, 2007
The Rainy Side of the Lakes.
They always remind me of a program I saw years ago of a submarine crew escaping a stricken vessel. They all donned inflatable survival suits, opened a hatch and floated safely to the surface where they floated like multicoloured starfish gimps.

dangerpie

Dec 5, 2008
Thame, Oxfordshire
I like the idea of them. Although at prices starting at £89, it seems alot to pay for something that you're not sure is going to be better than a bit of a gimmick. The most expensive one there is £229! I don't have much experience with good quality sleeping bags, but I assume you could get a really good, cosy reliable 3 season one for that price?

BCUK Shop

We have a a number of knives, T-Shirts and other items for sale.

SHOP HERE